Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for those who havent followed my painting journey here is a look back to my first job, and then to the job i finished last nite, im really really happy with how it turn out, still a little rough in places, but overall soooooo much better..(although its been almost a year haha)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
While I can't fathom your decision to play Ultra Marines, that's a good paint job nonetheless.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I'm not a fan of weathering but I know raw talent when I see it. Nice job!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well they were my first army, so im continuing to play them, but i do prefer my nids..
thanks maggpie...i really want to improve more and more...i would like display quality, but its pretty hard when im teaching myself...through youtube ahah

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That's really good, I personally love the weathering, how did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I like the idea of showing your first mini's and then your current level of work. Well done on the LR by the way, nice and subtle weathering!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's really good, I personally love the weathering, how did you do it if you don't mind me asking?
well its very simple process i use 3 colours scorched brown. solar orange. and bolt gun metal..
then i use a small piece of sponge and just dab on the colours...but i alternate the colours to form different stages of rust.

well its just how i do it, and its looks ok

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the idea of showing your first mini's and then your current level of work. Well done on the LR by the way, nice and subtle weathering!
thanks yes it is fun to look on my minis...but more importantly its more a tribute to all those on heresy who took the time to comment and criticize my painting...they have really helped me progress through each step with insightful tips and techniques. so every time i post a photo it more of a thankyou thank wohoo look what i can do ahahah:laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts