Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Good points :) I also wondered if the reason that the scouring only lasted 7 years was that some of the Iron Warrior garrisons remained loyal allowing the Loyalist legions to leapfrog them. My reasoning for this is that Dantioch appears to have been trusted by Guilliman and he may have been able to contact his brother Legionaires and determine if they're loyal
I always thought the Iron Warriors was corrupted entirely, but then again that can explain the behind the scenes-stuff.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Yeah but since we now know some of the White Scars were traitors and some of the Iron Hands were probably as well after Ferrus died (Massacre says they went mental), I reckon some of the Iron Warriors were loyal like the 77th Grand Battalion who fought the Alpha Legion.

Just my opinion at this stage, no hard facts to back it up.
Your opinion is quite valid for me, and I was always under the impression that 20-30% of the traitor legions stayed loyal with the exception of the Word Bearers.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
I always regarded the MM as the negative spillout of either the Imperial Fists (they use their tactics) or the Ultramarines (they have their arrogance). But that's me. Any theories are valid, as long as they are committed in a sensible way.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
The Imperial Firsts and the Iron Warriors are the Different side of the same Coin... (I mean You can take IF Geenseed and make an Iron Warrior with no real issue.. as they do quite often). It is the like looking at the difference between the UK and the USA. There are lots of differences, but for the most part they are quite superficial. (Speaking as a Brit whom now lives in the wild west)
Indeed, very few maybe none other Space Marine former legion has an evil counterpart as much as the IF with their level of similarity. Actually the worse IF are a lot like the IW. And I believe Honsou was a former IF just to get an example (if memory serves). And I know a few Americans as I have them as drinking-mates. Fine people with damn flat dialects when it comes to English.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
He was created with hybrid Geanseed by Fabius Bile... But it was IF stock.
Ah, yeah I thought I read that they preferred their geneseed, but also that they hated the IF above all else for their rivalry.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Finally found some fluff which supports this idea:

The Death Eagles chapter which we know was in existence in M32 is almost certainly a loyalist element of the Emperors Children although to hide this they've been made into a successor Chapter of the Raven Guard.
Where did you find this? Can you link the whole thingy to me in private?

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Unfortunately 12.000 years mires the Space Marine-chapter in its tactics and vulnerabilities. Thats what the current fluff is all about for the Space Marines. They all have differentiating strength and weaknesses, and many of them even my beloved Imperial Fists has became far too arrogant for their own good.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
The decimation was Pertubo's first step towards evil or in this case Chaos, and the fact that he was willing to kill one in every ten Astartes showed how brutal and uncompromising Perturbo were. And even worse, he hadn't yet been on campaign with them yet despite them basically following his doctrine, which I find utterly confusing.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
When it comes to those implications I think some might have stayed loyal initially, but Chaos is the corruption. You just can't fight the corruption by becoming corrupt. There are a few novels about Inquisitors to back my point.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Maybe his position of opinion changed, that's my bet in this matter. Plus he is basically the evil counterpart of Rogal Dorn from the get go. I mean Dorn is likely to have chided his legion for not being up to the task, Perturbo decimated them just for that.

· Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
I'm jumping through hoops here, but maybe Chaos twisted his mind, maybe he was guaranteed not to turn into something like that, maybe he did it for candy, and you are wrong, things you dislike as a child you might wake up and enjoy tomorrow. Taste change all the time.

For example: A century ago oyster was served with icecream. Had any great oysters with icecream lately?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just demonstrating a point.

If you want the source of my icecream-thingy just go for Hester or Chester Blumenthal or however you spell that surename.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.