Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Craw-Daddy
4,470 Posts
I've really been fascinated with the Iron Warrior depiction. However, I believe that there are too many mixed depictions. The Iron Warriors are supposed to be calculative and cold, but then again depicted as incompetent with their lives as much as World Eaters. They are also craftsmen, perhaps even artists and perfectionists in their craft, yet, their tactics seem to reflect the opposite in the way they simply throw bodies and use brute strength.

Your post has a good depiction for what we have, but the Iron Warriors along with a few other legions have been used as fodder for the main actors in the series.

· Craw-Daddy
4,470 Posts
I also have been curious as to why the actions in Olympia really meant anything anyhow. I always thought of it in the sense that Perturabo was pretty much willing to give everything to show loyalty, but didn't calculate things that were beyond his control.

Maybe so or maybe not, I always thought the rebellion in Olympia was orchestrated against Perturabo and destroy his legacy of the most stern and reliant garrisons.

· Craw-Daddy
4,470 Posts
So, yep... The The Emperor is a terrible Dad. But Perturabo was also a bit of a nutter..
I have actually entertained this view. However, I feel that this view is simply something that many fans basically assert because there just isn't that much information. We virtually have no view of the Olympians. Remember, he overthrew this father and the old tyrannic identity of Old Olympia. In fact, I believe it was Perturabo's stepfather who led the rebellion if memory serves me correct. To me this seems similar to the Lion in which there was things beyond his control in terms of difference in culture and the influence of chaos.

Perturabo's role in the Great Crusade was more important than many due his legion being used to garrison worlds throughout the imperium as well as destroying the strongest strongholds. When The Battle for Terra was over, they retreated more coherently than most of the legions, due to the support of the many worlds under Perturabo's rule.

· Craw-Daddy
4,470 Posts
There's a vault of geneses rumored to open at a certain time in the future. Thats some evidence that traitor geneseed could have been used.

Due to the different political natures within the Inquisition and the Highlords of Terra, it is entirely possible that a lot of them simply see the geneseed as a perfect weapon created by the perfect "god" emperor. Its corruption determined by the beholder. Every chapter has had started turn and its hardly hard to find that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.