3 Guardian Jetbikes, 1 shruiken cannon 76

Heavy Support
Fire Prism - Holofield, Shruiken cannon, Vectored engines 160
Fire Prism - Holofield, Shruiken cannon, Vectored engines 160
Any comments?

·
Registered
221 Posts
You're going to get a lot of cries of cheese if you play this list. Harlequins are ridiculously powerful, especially when you near-max them. You're min-maxing your troops to take more elites, which happen to be supremely powerful.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i'd play against it. But i wouldn't describe it as friendly. That said i think your better off making the most powerful list you can when playing against the opp's you generally do because were so shit hot :)

If this list was done as a harlequin themed list with lovely Harlie bikes and brigh schemes on the prisms etc, then i think most people would happily face it anyway. I reckon it'd do well at the club for a week or two Until people realised the cut of your gib and took stuff to counter it. Like drop pod's, mobile flamers, indirect fire, etc....

·
Registered
69 Posts
o_O

I expect friendly and get blind-sided by 3 troupes of fairy space ninja dancing clowns.

Nah, just messing. I would love to play such a list. But not everyone loves a challenge, so you might get some complaints.

But, if they don't want a challenge, I'll bet they also want to play 2000 pts vs 1500.

I say, give it a go and let us know how it works.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the look of it. But how do you expect to get those Harlies into combat. I think a ranged army like the Tau or even well-equipped SM would eat you for breakfast.

That said, I really wanna get some Harlies!

·
Registered
221 Posts
With Veil of Tears, you need to make a spot check (2d6x2) to see the Harlequins. All things considered, by the time you can effectively see the Harles, you're already in their 18" threat range.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Furious Charge and Hit and Run.

Bottom line is that they've got an incredible amount of stuff packed into their cost.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yeah they are pretty hench. but i can see opp's getting wise to them fairly quick. 3 units is a little overkill i think

·
Registered
966 Posts
i'd happily face this. The prisms would scare me more than the halries tbh.
Why?
Harlies are awesome if your opponent like static gun lines that aint going no where as you can rush past the ave spotting distance no problem.
BUT how may gunlines do you see these days compared to mobile forces?
Just take some lowle marines in a rhino, if they can zoom in 12", disembark 2" and be right in your face with a bucket load of rapid firing bolters. Same with tornados - zoom in 1" away = dead harllies.
This is the same for nearly any army: IG - Chimera tanks, drop guard. CSM - Rhinos. SM - pods. Eldar - skimmers. Orks - trukks etc etc
Non of these units are uncommon in thier respective armies and this is where i keep seeing massed harlies forces failing.
As i said the big threat is the prisims as these can kill of the above units and/or neautralise thier mobility. If the prisms go, the harlies will to.

My advice is taking a single harlie unit as to deliver that final knock out punch to the enemy, and then using the other awesome strenghts in the eldar force to make sure it happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts