Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
I'm not a fan of sorcerer + cultist unit. The lack of fearless on a unit that is meant to lose bodies is damn rough. If you happen to roll invis, sure, but otherwise, you'll lose combat resolution against many opponents and get sweeping advanced. Hell, you could even fall back from shooting.

Given this, I second Mossy's suggestion of mastery levels on the herald. That way you can keep the fearless lord with the cultists and plague marines.

Otherwise, looks solid!

I've been trying to run a Sorcerer in terminator armor w/ axe, rolling biomancy in a big blob of cultists for a while now. But, the only way I can make it feasible is with the helcult formation. That gets you fearless, albeit with the tax of a hellbrute and additional unit of cultists. Something to consider.

· Registered
268 Posts
Yes that's certainly an issue not to be discounted. A fearless blob of 35 objective secured cultists is no joke. It demands to be removed from the table.

Due to my dislike of their troop choices, I'm in such the habit of running unbound lists for CSM that I often forget about battle forged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.