Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Friendly 3v3 battle royal 1000

877 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Agemo 
#1 · (Edited)
So this is the list im planing on using i belive the teams will be me (csm)
tyranids and mech heavy ig vs crons eldar and tau

Lord 160
MOK
Daemon weapon
Wings
(in rhino with zerks)

7 zerks 182
Rhino

10 csm 205
2 flamers
icg
rhino

10 csm 205
2 meltas
rhino

5 havocs 150
4 meltas
rhino

predator with side sponson HB 100

all together its 1003 which is fine
Plan is charge; lord with zerks can take out pretty much any troops baring a 1
flamer marines take out large squads
havocs just go hunting for tanks/mc
second csm help kill anything that needs killing/more bodies
and the predator for mech saturation/ i like them

we play just kill eachother no points to capture because we still learning most of us have only played like once

feedback comments questions insults what ever you feel like

See less See more
#2 ·
Lord 160
MOK
Daemon weapon
Wings
(in rhino with zerks)
Id change him to Kharn.

7 zerks 182
Rhino
Add in a Champ with PF. Try and fit 8 models in. Give the Rhino Extra Armour.

10 csm 205
2 flamers
icg
rhino
Looks ok. Consider a Champ with PF.

10 csm 205
2 meltas
rhino
As above.

5 havocs 150
4 meltas
rhino
Change them to Chosen so they can outflank. Consider a unit of 5 with 3 Melta and 2 Flamer. Keep the Rhino still though.

predator with side sponson HB 100
Looks ok.

You may need to drop something to make the changes i suggested.

You are lacking a bit of anti-AV14. Melta will do it, but only at close range. Consider running 2-3 Oblits.

#4 ·
Kharn is basically the same points as the lord, and he is more effective.
Im also not sure if a model with wings can be mounted in a vehicle, i dont think they can...
Keep the 4 Meltas if you want, but its better to run them as Chosen rather than Havocs, purely for the outflank.

#12 ·
Its says on the FAQ for CSM on the GW website that giving a model wings only makes him move like jump infantry, it doesn't change his type to jump infantry (like giving him a jump pack would). Since your lord would still be infantry with the wings, he can still ride in the rhino. (I guess he folds em up or something)

#10 ·
well thanks for the feed back couple things
at 1000 points we dont allow special charecters otherwise i woulda run kharn cuse hes BAMF
second i would love to have 2-3 oblits and pf on all my squads but thats like 300 points i cant just make magically appear
chose the havocs cuse they are cheaper and im not too sure about how outflank works but i wanted to keep the melta squad with my units to protect them from MC and walkers cus i cant afford power fists i was thinking about droping a couple of zerks and just have them be a retinue to soak up wounds/finish things off for the lord

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.