Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend and I are going to be playing a friendly 2.5k and I figured I'd build a silly list that I'd have fun playing. So here's what I came up with:

Baal Strike Force

HQ1: Chaplain 165
Power fists
Fury of Baal
Jump pack
Digital weapons

HQ2: The Sanguinor 200

Elite1: Command Squad 290
Jump packs
3 veterans w/
Storm shield
Melta bombs
Power fist
Inferno pistol

Elite 2: Death Company(10) 430
Jump packs
5 power fists
5 chain swords
5 bolt pistols
5 infernal pistols

Elite 3: Death Company(10) 280
Jump packs
2 powerfists
8 chain swords
10 bolt pistols

Elite 4: Death Company(10) 280
Jump packs
2 powerfists
8 chain swords
10 bolt pistols

Troop 1: Scout Squad (5) 70
5 camo cloaks
5 sniper rifles

Troop 2: Scout Squad (5) 70
5 camo cloaks
5 sniper rifles

Troop 3: Scout Squad (5) 70
5 camo cloaks
5 sniper rifles

Heavy Support1: Predator 165
Overcharged engines
Dozer blade
Extra armour
Lascannon sponsons
Twinlinked lascannon

Heavy Support2: Storm Raven 246
Extra armour
Hurricane bolters sponsons
Twinlinked lascannon
Twinlinked multi melta
Searchlight
Locator beacon

Heavy Support3: Storm Raven 246
Extra armour
Twinlinked lascannon
Twinlinked multi melta
Searchlight
Locator beacon

So all the death company squads are able to deal with tanks as long as they have powerfists alive. The squad with 5 powerfists and infernus pistols will be the primary tank hunters. The Predator and stormravens will be helping with tanks and the the hurricane bolters sponsons can power of the machine spirit and split fire at infintry. The 2 death company squads with only 2 powerfists will mostly be going for infintry bit if they are close enough they can do something to a tank. The chaplain and Sanguinor will join either one of the death company squads or command squad to give +1 attack and zealot. The scouts will infiltrate and hold objectives. Now the decision to make is do I have everything w/ a jump pack deepstrike in so they can come with the stormravens? And have the Predator in reserves so it doesn't die? And keep the scouts on so they can infiltrate on objectives?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Against Guard it's all about actually getting to their tanks to use those power fists. I play both armies and they complement each other nicely but I can absolutely dismantle my best BA lists with my mech Guard lists. I get that you're playing fun and fluffy and all, but if you want fast and dirty anti tank for BA it comes in the form of two meltaguns on an Assault squad in a Drop Pod (sergeant toting either a combi-melta or dual inferno pistols). 105-135 for an alpha strike against armour backed up by your Stormravens. As for the 'ravens, why the locator beacons? They have to be on the table before the unit using it comes in from Reserve and in all likelihood you'll not have many units able to take advantage of it. It may be an upgrade better suited to your Scouts. The Command squad is another unit that sticks out to me as out of place. The Chaplain is better suited to the DC, the Sanguinor can't join up with them, and they lack any real focus in their wargear.

All told 52 infantry and 3 vehicles is pretty darn easy for Guard to chew through, if you don't want to get smeared you'll have to be very careful about how you maneuver your troops (not that it will matter if your opponent fields barrage artillery like a good Guardsman should).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Against Guard it's all about actually getting to their tanks to use those power fists. I play both armies and they complement each other nicely but I can absolutely dismantle my best BA lists with my mech Guard lists. I get that you're playing fun and fluffy and all, but if you want fast and dirty anti tank for BA it comes in the form of two meltaguns on an Assault squad in a Drop Pod (sergeant toting either a combi-melta or dual inferno pistols). 105-135 for an alpha strike against armour backed up by your Stormravens. As for the 'ravens, why the locator beacons? They have to be on the table before the unit using it comes in from Reserve and in all likelihood you'll not have many units able to take advantage of it. It may be an upgrade better suited to your Scouts. The Command squad is another unit that sticks out to me as out of place. The Chaplain is better suited to the DC, the Sanguinor can't join up with them, and they lack any real focus in their wargear.

All told 52 infantry and 3 vehicles is pretty darn easy for Guard to chew through, if you don't want to get smeared you'll have to be very careful about how you maneuver your troops (not that it will matter if your opponent fields barrage artillery like a good Guardsman should).
Honestly the only reasons I took the command squad and Locator beacons is because I have the points for it. I suppose I could try to fit another DC squad or some assault marines in place. Some new information is I know my friend is bringing an imperial knight..

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Strip down upgrades and spread out your goods to make every unit able to deal with armour. Knights go down actually pretty decently if you engage them from two sides at once, taking two meltacide Assault squads is half as many points as a Knight and can dunce it first turn. Again, Stormravens for backup. Heck, you could get rid of those Scouts (totally useless against anything mechanized) and just field a bunch of 5 man Tactical squads with Lascannons littered around your deployment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here's a new foundation, I have 90 points left to spend.

HQ1: Chaplain 165
Valours edge
Fury of Baal
Jump pack
Melta bombs
Digital weapons
Warlord

HQ2: Chaplain 120
Bolt pistol
Crozius Arcanum
Jump pack
Melta bombs
Digital weapons

Elite1: Death company(10)430
5x powerfists
5x Inferno pistols
5x chainswords
5x bolt pistols
Jump packs

Elite2: Death company(10)430
5x powerfists
5x Inferno pistols
5x chainswords
5x bolt pistols
Jump packs

Troop1: tactics squad (5)90
1x Lascannon

Troop2: tactics squad (5)90
1x Lascannon

Troop3: tactics squad (5)90
1x Lascannon

Troop4: tactics squad (5)90
1x Lascannon

Fast Attack1: assault squad 145
2x Inferno pistols (srgt.)
Melta bombs (srgt.)
Combat shield (srgt.)
2x melta gun
Jump packs

Fast Attack2: assault squad 145
Melta bombs (srgt.)
Combat shield (srgt.)
2x melta gun
Jump packs

Fast Attack3: assault squad 145
Melta bombs (srgt.)
Combat shield (srgt.)
2x melta gun
Jump packs

Heavy support1: storm raven 235
Twinlinked lascannon
Twinlinked multi-melta
Extra armour

Heavy support2: storm raven 235
Twinlinked lascannon
Twinlinked multi-melta
Extra armour

Maybe another tac squad?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I still think you have way too many points invested in each of your DC squads (150 points for inferno pistols when you know you're charging with 250 points in power fists between the squads? Yikes :/) but it looks a lot more like a list that can deal with Guard now. I guess you don't have any Drop Pods?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still think you have way too many points invested in each of your DC squads (150 points for inferno pistols when you know you're charging with 250 points in power fists between the squads? Yikes :/) but it looks a lot more like a list that can deal with Guard now. I guess you don't have any Drop Pods?
I just played a game with them in dead lock. I lost 12-14 due to d3 objectives

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He brought 4 russes with pask (I don't remember the varients.) A veteran squad with psyker. And guard platoon with like 50 guard with a priest and psyker. An imperial knight Titan. And a chimera (veterans were In it). The deepstrike nghty assault squads with meltas killed all the tanks they deepstruck next to. I'd probly lower points in the death company because they were basically Jump packing targets. I didn't need all the powerfists with Inferno pistols

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
A widely accepted rule of thumb for DC is one fist (and power sword added in if you really feel like you need it and have the points) for every five models, which drops the points per 10 man squad to 280-310 with jump packs. Still hefty but over 100 points less for each squad than what you're currently bringing out, which leaves you with around 300 points to spend based on your posted list above lacking 90 points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts