Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey heretics, long time no see.
I'm returnit a little bit back into the hobby after 6 months of work and shit.
I'm planning a game with a friend who plays Marines (chapter tactics houseruled after the Angles Revenant, only against chaos marines) and always take some serious punishments.
This time i'm trying to get a more relaxed approach to the battle and tailor my list in reverse, meaning i'm going to make my list fun for him to play against, without spoiling the game. Also, a nice challenge for me.

I know roughly his list
\biker chapmaster/captain with shield and hammer
\ bikers with meltas
\2 scout teams with snipers
\devastators with missiles
\double preds
\a trio of dreadnoughts
\a couple of speeders with flamers

A shooty but still manouvrable army with strong rearguard (dreads).

So, my idea to counter his list in a "cinematic" way is this:

Slaanesh Lord on bike,
sigils
burning brand
power claw
(160)

5 Slaanesh Spawns
(160)
-These two units are meant as a "superiority" unit vs his bikers. Also, aiming for a cool duel against his biker HQ and if surviving anti tank in a pinch (melee with spawns, for a vehicle, is not good)

6 Marines
ccw+pistol
meltagun
meltabomb champ
rhino -dozerblade
(143)

6 Marines
ccw+pistol
meltagun
meltabomb champ
rhino -dozerblade
(143)

6 Marines
ccw+pistol
meltagun
meltabomb champ
rhino -dozerblade
(143)

-These three as anti light units and general antitank support. maybe will survive to take some objectives?

5 Raptors
2 meltaguns
2 plasma pistols
(140)

5 Raptors
2 meltaguns
2 plasma pistols
(140)
-Those two units are awesome. dropping in and pewpewpew. that's it. i'm currently painting those bastards. using the chosen + chaos lord from dark vengeance plus some 3rd party jetpacks.

7 Havocs
3 lascannons
1 missile launcher
(176)

Forgefiend
2 hades cannons
(175)
-these units are a way to answer his dreads and engage in some nasty shooting duels exploiting cover/invulns

Khorne Mutilator
Khorne Mutilator
(120)
-The two Mongolators will drop near his backfield and hopefully attract a disproportionate amount of retaliation before they can even move an inch. If not, they will charge tanks and devastators alike. Mostly just for fun.

Should be 1500 on the spot.

How would you face my friend's list, not to bash it but to struggle against it? Still should be fun to play against, though.
Cheers and GLORY TO CHAOS!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks like it should be a fun game, props for building a friendly list for a friendly opponent and using some unusual units

The raptors are illegal though, I did a quick double check and you can't have two plasma pistols and two meltas in one unit. Two meltas and a pistol for the champ is okay though. Why not just give those unit leaders power weapons instead?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi squire.
what do you mean illegal raptors?
The champion is not allowed to replace both ccw and bolt pistol with a plasma pistol bought fro the armoury? just double checked with the codex: the champion is allowed to do that. the double plasma pistols are carried by him, not the squad members.
btw those units had little impact in the game. They blasted a vehicle (with meltas) each and then were annihilated by missiles and bolters :)
incredibly, the mongolators killed two vehicles each and survived to tell the tale!
in any case i still won the game... the problemis not list building. My friend lacks some basic deployment skills and is not playing by the objective.
Hence, we agreed that from this point, all games will be training games. I'm teaching him stuff. Otherwise, no fun for both of us!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts