Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, iam new here :crazy:

i do not collect a warhammer army yet, i am planning to start one soon, i will go to the GW in amsterdam in a few weeks and buy myself a starting army, dont know which one yet cos i think theyre all cool. maybe u guys can make me choose a specific army, i wanna do warhammer fantasy in a few months first i want a nice 40k army. the ones i dont like are, eldar, dark eldar, tyranids and tau. the ones i do like is orks, marines, imperial guard, chaos.

anyways, cool to be here and hope some advice will come my way :)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Cool deal... Orks, Marines, IG and Chaos are all cool armies. Have you gotten a good look at their Codices yet?

Welcome aboard, mate!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
welcome to heresy. look through all the codices before you make your first purchase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at home i only have the IG codex and the tyranids, and black templars and some 3rd and 4th edition ones, i think my decision will be orks and i will buy lots of them :crazy:

they are so awesome, just pure stompin and smashin and dakkadakkadakka!!! :D

btw, any players from holland here? utrecht? amsterdam?

·
Registered
240 Posts
i'm from holland, and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok since iam so interested in orks can any experienced waaagh!!! bosses show me some of their army lists and pictures of their waaagh!!! for inspiration and stuff, greatly appreciated :biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i think tau have are a nice race too but theyre not smashie enough :crazy: they got too much pewpew and they look too weird and i think theyre models arent cool to paint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the Waaaaggghhh mate, good to have ya. If you want to buy an ork army and start building it right off without really knowing what you're doing (which you wont until you've played the army for awhile) then just buy lots of boxes of boyz. As long as you give the nob model a power klaw, you should be able to use all your boyz when you have more of an idea of what you're doing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no offence but they dont look orky enough :crazy: so u come to gw amsterdam regulary cos iam going there in 2 weeks in the weekend to get my boyz and start my waaagh!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the Waaaaggghhh mate, good to have ya. If you want to buy an ork army and start building it right off without really knowing what you're doing (which you wont until you've played the army for awhile) then just buy lots of boxes of boyz. As long as you give the nob model a power klaw, you should be able to use all your boyz when you have more of an idea of what you're doing.
lots of boyz, i like that :eek:k:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ooh, you've picked a good time to get into Orks! There's absolutely tons of uber-cool models out so you can't really go far wrong, so long as you have the ubiquitous Boyz. Hitty 'n' shooty 'n' mean. Good times! Also, try to find a cool opponent to start with. You'll enjoy yourself and learn!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my uncle collects tincan oomiez so opponents aplenty :D ill be going this weekend ill keep you guys up to date there are some things i will watch for when i buy stuff:

1) lots of boyz, lots of boyz!
2) commander ( might make a kustom one, tips appreciated )
3) kommandos perhaps or at least shitloads of infantry
4) MEGA armored nobz for teh win!

ill see what iam gonna buy but at least 50 boyz for sure

:D wish me good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
1) need lots of boyz always a good start to any proper waagh
2) you can get the generic one but making your own is so much more fun.
3) Kommando's are cool with Snikrot as their leader with a couple of burnas thrown in they can take out armor that lurks near the rear.
4) I love mega armor Nobz but with the low leadership and their high points cost. Good chance they are going to die or run away before they do anything but they are still cool models to have and play with for fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yeah its just too bad there arent any new nob models out yet the trukks and bikes are really nice tho i think iam gonna buy a battleforce as a start thinking of a commander but i dont like the standard warboss with chainaxe or sttack squig, i like thraka, but its expensive and also not rly distinctive, so would buying thraka as a warboss model be worth it?

also how are the new lootas doing i like to have lots of heavy weapons and big shootas to gun down infantry and some rokkit launches for some antiarmor capability, when the mega armored nobs get close they could easily chew up a predator or something, with the warboss maybe even a landraider.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts