Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
warrior-of-hope said:
In the new book i noticed that frenzy says it affects the mount as well as the rider. Does it also affect monsters like wyverns and chaos dragons?
yes because they are mounts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the latest GW FAQ. While it will affect mounts in most armies, it will not in the case of the Mark of Khorne since it specifies it only applies to the rider.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Mark of Khorne dont give their Frenzy to mounts, however, the Black Maul which gives frenzy to a character does, so put your Chaos lord with this Black Maul on top of a chaos dragon and you have a 6 Str7 attack combined with a 7 Str 6 attacks! I've tried this monster, and if you manage to no be baited into a wood or something, it kills anyting :)

Considering the Mark of Khorne, I've read somewhere that a new edition Game Rule book prevails over a old army book rule, so that Khorne's frenzy would be applicable on mount as well. Anyone else read that somewhere?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
does mok read gains frenzy? if so would probably be replaced by the brb version. WOuld depend on the exact wording for mark of khorne

·
Registered
18 Posts
But isn't models, like Chaos Knights, count as both horse and knight, so that the 2 of them would be frenzied per the new BRB? I dont remember which cavalry (thinks it the savage orcs) that's affected by frenzy and both the orc and the boar got their bonus attack from frenzy.

I will read the exact rule for Khorne tonight, but if i remember correctly "the unit gains frenzy", so should be affected. However it was specified in the Army book that mounts werent affected by Khorne, but at that time, in 6th edition, mounts werent affected by frenzy neither, except that they needed to charge because of the character mounting it been frenzy.

That's why I'm thinking it should affect mounts as well now, per the new BRB. Just hope it will someday :)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
It makes sense that it would change along with BSB, the only issue being if it says somewhere, Mounts are not affected by the mark of khorne. Should only be a real issue in tournament play where wording seems to take presidence over the idea behind a rule etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts