Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Freebies from work material wise.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lord Lucian 
#1 ·
So at the machine shop I work out, they constantly get wood in with the steel that comes in for me to cut and I've been trying to think of what I could use it for.They don't care what I take as long as I let them know. A fella running the lathe a few feet away said he built his deck from the stuff. Also They have pretty much an entire hopper full of foam, so the question is, where can my imagination take me? Right now, I have ideas to make a table that resembles a shit, with corridors, windows, i have an old junk ass space ship toy from when I was i kid I thought about doing something with the make sort of like a landing dock. Maybe have it be some sort of ruined space station.
The foam I got is just a huge chunk from them messing up a shipment, It already looks like a mountain so I thought why not have two tables? One resembling the space station, the other a gross ass poison planet or something. Anybody else get free materials from work?If so, what are some things you've used them for? My brother in law has no interest in the game, but loves to do hands on projects like this.

#3 ·
I get old till rolls, plastic tubes are always handy. I tend to gather handfuls of coffee stirrers, the wooden ones, from starbucks too. As i work in a model shop the other bits i get tend to be less diy. Models with bits missing, ends of barb wire rolls, pigments where the lid doesn't close properly etc.

If i had foam and space ship parts i immediately think space hulk, a mash of ships, space stations and asteroids that's been mashed together in the warp. Usually they have ancient tech on board or need diverting from a collision course with a planet. Loads of game ideas.
There was great hulk board used in an old wd battle report, it was one of the boards in a multi table apocalypse game. I wish i could find pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.