Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at gamesworkshop and they have 2 codexs listed in necron essentials the necron codex for £12.00 and the necron codez for £0.00 any ideas why this is therr

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
probably a glitch take advantage of it!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why dont u try it and tell me how it works out

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i already have a cron dex so i dun need it :p

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol but u can never have enough crony niss :)

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
I've ordered one, I put a load of crap for the card number and usually the card confirmation comes through really quickly. But none so far... I had an email:

Games Workshop Order Confirmation

Thank you for you order, Marneus Calgar. We are happy to confirm that the order below is now being processed.
Order Number:
Billing Address:

Shipment #1 (ID: 98174101)

Shipping Address:
Marneus Calgar
12 Ultramarine Way

Shipping Method: Ground
Item Number Description Price Qty Subtotal 04030110001 Codex: Necrons £0.00 1 £0.00 Totals

Subtotal £0.00 Shipping £0.00 Tax £0.00 Order Total

Subtotal £0.00 Shipping £0.00 Total £0.00

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive also discoverd that they have removed heavy destroyers from the heavy support slot i think necrons are getting an update maybe a new codex and heavu destroyers becoming an upgrade any ideas

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
well it finally seems that some motion is going on with the toasters & GW

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Deldar still need an update first

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oi this is exciting for necron fans though i dont play the army i love the models and there rules was thinking of playing army but i know a new codex is coming out next year or maybe sooner :)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i found something else thats weird the monolith phalanx is on games workshops website though u cant buy it

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Allowing that the "Free" Codex is a mistake, I think the clincher that the Necron Codex is about to phase out (along with the Dark Eldar one) is that Games Workshop haven't put up the price as they did with all the other Codices in the last price hike.
Maybe even GW haven't got the gall to charge full price for a book that will be replaced before it's even been despatched.
ONLY JOKING ON THE LAST POINT...

·
Registered
56 Posts
The plot that is GWs marketing strategy thickens!

This is either gonna be a bright flare of hope for an upcoming dex and new units, a major disappointment when they go public with the plan to discontinue the race as playable in the 40k galaxy.

Or... it's just some database/homepage shenanigans. Some bug that will be worked out soon and order restored.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if u see anything else post it

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The 'free' codex is the German language version and appears to be free because it can not be purchased through the English language site.
GW has been having problems with their website for a few weeks, where pages from some countries have been transposed onto those of others. Several items have also been dropping off the website because of these problems.
Something very similar happened to the Orks recently, when almost all Special units suddenly became Core.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The 'free' codex is the German language version and appears to be free because it can not be purchased through the English language site.
GW has been having problems with their website for a few weeks, where pages from some countries have been transposed onto those of others. Several items have also been dropping off the website because of these problems.
Something very similar happened to the Orks recently, when almost all Special units suddenly became Core.
You'd figure for a large company they would have a handle on this whole web master bit..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts