Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, is the forum acting odd for anyone else?

For example... It says I have forty-one private messages, but when I click it, I have forty-one. Or, when I click some pages, it says I'm signed out... Also, certain sections don't seem to be showing new posts - The Roleplay section has said that the same post is from 'yesterday,' for about two weeks, now...

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
I'm was getting this kind of thing as well. I kept being notified of a new PM that I'd already read, and none of the sub-forum showed what was actually new.

But it seems to have fixed itself for me.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
maybe i missed a message about it being down, but I can't seem to get into the sprue data base.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yup. On chrome on my phone, at least (no Tapatalk) I haven't been updating. Been needing to sign into safari if I want to browse the forum.

Just got a computer, so I'll be investigating if Chrome is working on it, either.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
I can't log into the forum over a landbased network on wired or wireless, neither at home or at work. Only way I can log in and browse the forum (like now) is via a mobile SIM based network on my mobile or my tablet.

Did get one of my IT staff to do a trace as a favour yesterday to see where the blockage was. He did it via different server routes through our other office servers and found that we could ping the forum site address only through our Aberdeen and Singapore servers but not via the London or Newcastle servers. I'll post some of those trace results here later this morning for the team's review and analysis.

PS: Alternate access option, as I'm doing now for this edit, is to go via a proxy site on the laptop.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
OK PM me your IP. We had this issue with the server IP blocking several members for repetitive load attempts. I think it farted one time, stuttered and sent lots of fake requests from different members.

I'll remove every IP banned in the past 3 months.

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
OK PM me your IP. We had this issue with the server IP blocking several members for repetitive load attempts. I think it farted one time, stuttered and sent lots of fake requests from different members.

I'll remove every IP banned in the past 3 months.
Just PM'ed you.

All working fine my end now... Whoopieee!!!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I've had a problem in that some Tactica Articles I sent in last week appeared to have disappeared, which is a shame since I stupidly didn't make backups.

Midnight

1 - 15 of 15 Posts