Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to warhammer 40k and I need something cleared up which i'm very confused about.

I'm currently building a Grey Knights army however I'm not sure on the limitations on the number of units I can legally take in each subsection of my codex (HQ, Troops, Elites, etc,etc) I am aware there is a formation specific to the Grey Knights which clearly states what and how many units I can take from my codex, however if i do not wish to follow that formations what then? Is there a "default" limit on the number of units you are able to take from each section of a codex which is enforced to every army in 40k?

For example, If i wish to take 3 Dreadknights, I cannot use the nemesis strike force formation bonuses in the Grey Knights codex as I can only take 2 heavy support units.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
man, in the codex you just find all the answers :)
Every formation clearly states (even with a diagram) what kind of unit and how many of them you can take.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
man, in the codex you just find all the answers :)
Every formation clearly states (even with a diagram) what kind of unit and how many of them you can take.
While that may be true @neferhet, Konic is asking about other detachments not spelled out in the Grey Knight codex.

To answer your question konic, yes there is a generic detachment known as a combined arms detachment. That one can be found in the 40k rulebook, and it allows you to take up to 2 hqs, 6 troops, and 3 each of elites, fast attack, and heavy support. The combined arms detachment (CAD) would allow you to field those there dread knights as long as you met the detachments mandatory choices.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
oh, i see, i misunderstood :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts