Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Well as many might know Im a die hardcore IG-fan but I also love the forces of Chaos (corrupted IG:men and CSM). Well during my making of Imperial Guardsmen, I got bored and wanted to make some other models, here's my results. The models will be based upon my fan-fic characters just like my other project log.

Bare with me, the models will show up in the next reply. I prefer clean introduktions (meaning no images). :biggrin:

This is my Traitor Legion Warband, consiting of Death Guard and Emperors Children. Driven by somewhat same cause, they have forged a smaller alliance as their specific worshipped God tolerate one and another. Lead by the swollen infested Death Guard Dauler Frameius (Typhus model) and the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, Luuk Serdar, once a proud Emperors Children champion, now a brutal traitor with a twisted mind.

Army-list (***Will be updated soon***):

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First model you'll see is former Captain Dauler Frameius of the Death Guard, now a feared Chaos Lord Commander. One of the Chosen Nine (nine Warlords chosen during the Horus Heresy for a great prophecy dealing with the 4 great Chaos Gods). The model used to picture him is Typhus, the Herald of Nurgle:

·
Registered
323 Posts
not too sure about the green,looks like it could do with a devlan mud wash or somethin, other than that i like it :victory:
+rep

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline. I suggest converting him, maybe add a PF or tentacles. Or I would highly suggest converting a Terminator Lord model.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline.
Actually, you can. That's the beauty of Counts-As. You can change the name of any model you want, as long as the points remain the same and there are no changes in the rules or stats, you can do exactly that..or you can take a regular model and use it as a character. So..yes. He can. As long as his opponents understand what it going on.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not too sure about the green,looks like it could do with a devlan mud wash or somethin, other than that i like it :victory:
+rep
I will think about if I get more mdoels. I wanted to try a different approach on the Death Guard as not everyone looks the same! Thanks for the rep! :victory:

You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline. I suggest converting him, maybe add a PF or tentacles. Or I would highly suggest converting a Terminator Lord model.
Actually, you can. That's the beauty of Counts-As. You can change the name of any model you want, as long as the points remain the same and there are no changes in the rules or stats, you can do exactly that..or you can take a regular model and use it as a character. So..yes. He can. As long as his opponents understand what it going on.
Well the other guy answered for me, and these guys Im not going to play with. Just gluing them together and painting them and put them up on my wall for viewing pretty much. :) So I thought they might as well represent some from my fac fin. :grin:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So while during my pause from IG:men I went for some Chaos. You will see some difference on the models as seven new ones are mixed with 4 old ones (the new have the slightly lighter colors and the old ones harsch with brown inc). Let's see if you can see the difference. This is squad 1:

P.S: I never thought about until now but I took 7 pictures on 1st squad (Nurgles holy Number). :biggrin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
try thinning your paints a little, particularly the brown around the plasma gun grip on the second to last plague marine, two thin coats are better than one thick one.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try thinning your paints a little, particularly the brown around the plasma gun grip on the second to last plague marine, two thin coats are better than one thick one.
That would be one of my older DG-models (painted when I was 14 = not a good painter), but your tip is highly noted! :victory:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is my 2nd Nurgle squad, Im kinda disappointed with the guy with a spear on his back-pack (or whatever to call it):

I think this would be my Aspiring Champion:

This is a single Possessed Marine without any squad right now (he has the old possessed parts for head and right arm):

·
Registered
198 Posts
Really liking that butchers apron thing. Awesome effect.

You should wash the green because the green of the DG is used, diseased, cancerous, gangreen green, not freshly mowed and watered lawn green.

The gasmask model is great, really liking it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really liking that butchers apron thing. Awesome effect.

You should wash the green because the green of the DG is used, diseased, cancerous, gangreen green, not freshly mowed and watered lawn green.

The gasmask model is great, really liking it.
I'll think about it! Thanks for the advice. :)

·