Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salamander Pyroclasts

The dreaded Pyroclasts are the burning fury of the Salamanders Legion given form. The Pyroclasts were created by Vulcan, Primach of the Salamanders, to fulfil the role of bringers of destruction, equipping them with advanced and extremely powerful thermal/incendiary weapons of his own devising known as flame projectors. To the Salamanders fire is more than merely a weapon; it has an almost mythical function and embodies both purifying destruction and the potential for rebirth and redemption.
In battle they are relentless and remorseless, and where they are unleashed there can be no possibility of mercy or reprieve from the fire.
The Salamanders Legion Pyroclast set, designed by Keith Robertson, is a complete multi-part resin kit comprising of five models armed with Pyroclast flame projectors, one of which is also armed with a power fist. This set is available to order now.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Some nice models there - the paint job leaves a bit to be desired though. Reminiscent of the crappy paint job they put out on the salamander shoulder pads.

Not sure if i'd use them as they are, but armour could be pretty cool for an honour guard.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
They look like there wearing veils. Which despite their scaly origin makes them look girly.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Khorne, I pictured them having flame gauntlets, kind of like the flame thrower Ironman has in his first movie.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Finally a Armored Flamer unit that can survive and dish out the hurt. Watch out Nids/Dark Eldar; i'm gonna burn you out of your damn holes.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I may be wrong, but I always thought from reading the books that their flamers were integral to their gauntlets rather than being a seperate weapons system.

I also agree with the above critiques.
Exactly why I dislike these figures. From reading Vulkan Lives I pictured the Pyroclasts as having clawed gauntlets with flamers built into them, and that they wore chainmail veils and had scaled armour. I like the flame motif but the rest just looks like Space Marines toting Heavy flamers, nothing unique or special.

The first Forge World kit that I don't like, shame that. I was looking forward to the Pyroclasts.

LotN

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Veils look awful on marines. I find the concept of a veil over an armored have mask pointless and redundant.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Not if they are like... whatever the hell the actual models have, veils falling from below the eyes to cover the mouth. A half-veil.

LotN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts