Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Excuse my chaos ignorance, how difficult is it to get the IC in the army? and are there many sensible choices?
im going to assume you basically need to pay the price for a chaos lord / sorc w/ one of the marks, so about 115 points or so to get it. but then it comes down to sensibility and which choices are 'smart' for the current edition, which of coarse everyone has that slanesh whip daemon prince so they could all give it the slanesh mark.

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Yeah... that thing is beautiful, and I fully support B&K's justifications to buy it.

On a side note... possible hinting/confirmation of daemonically possessed vehicles/dreadnoughts for the new CSM dex getting the ability to have marks for specific gods? Yay

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love it. I need one to join all my other Khorne Engines.

And Daemon Princes are not IC's obviously so it will require a Sorcerer or Chaos Lord.

It also says a daemon of the same power, and aren't Daemon Princes daemons by Grey Knight FAQ?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Just noticed that it can be included in a Chaos Daemons army!!!!!! WOOT!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I will be as usual going for the more dakka choice, so naturally I will be taking mark of tzeentch with dual butcher cannons. He will be able to keep my twin assault cannon mortis contemptor company.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Just noticed that it can be included in a Chaos Daemons army!!!!!! WOOT!
Yes, and it takes up one of your Fiend or Crusher slots, and is effectively a 195pt Psyfleman that dies a little less often (210pts for Nurgle ones). Not impressed too much. I suppose dropping 6 Walkers in wave 1 with Grinders in HS might be fun, but then you've lost Fiends and Crushers, both of which can fill very big holes in the Daemon list.

I'll wait for the CSM book to come out, and if it's good enough for me to start an army I'll take some of these as Dreads - maybe a 6-Walker list with some nice Troops and HQs to round it out.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Wait, this thing is BS3 AND daemonic possession?:unsure:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
^ Yeah, but doesn't that mean that it's BS2 now?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
^ Yeah, but doesn't that mean that it's BS2 now?
Common mistake, DP just automatically sets your BS to 3 (Wording in the CSM codex says reduce the BS to 3 for any vehicle that takes the upgrade, not reduce the BS by -1). Which is good as hellblades with DP would suck ass if giving them DP reduced them to BS2.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ah, awesome! Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I love the Decimator. Model is solid and will make for an interesting choice for any chaos army.

The Unholy Vigour rule brings up a new issue with Kill Points:
Does your opponent get the kill point for wrecking the Decimator?
What about if it gets back up, does your opponent still have the kill point?
If he still has the kill point, can your opponent get another kill point for wrecking it again?
Would you be able to keep shooting at the "wrecked" Decimator to force a penetrating 6 result? (probably not :p )

At the moment, I would play it as follows: The Decimator does not provide a Kill Point for being wrecked. However, if the game ends and the Decimator is still wrecked then the Decimator is destroyed and counts as a single kill point. If the Decimator rolls a 1 for Unholy Vigour, it counts as a single kill point. If the Decimator suffers a penetrating roll of 6, it counts as a single kill point.
This seems reasonable to me.

Also, doesn't the canister thing popping out of the back look like the "pilot pods" from Evangelion? Or even the pods from Code Geass? I approve, always loved that design :so_happy: Of course, it is probably a power source and not a capsule, but I like the similarities.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts