Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks awesome, bit of a Spartacus/Gladiator thing going on with the head, but thats not a bad thing. :)

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
The powers in the Decimator are hilariously unbalanced. They can't print that can they? 15pt for +1A sometimes, or 15pts for becoming almost indestructible, hmm tricky.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
That thing is bloody wicked!

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Well Fuck.... I just spent forever converting a Contemptor for my Night Lords... Of course this beast is even BIGGER than a Contemptor! BwaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [ahem...] sorry.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Another machine to join the ranks of my Blood Slaughter, Dreadnought and Defiler. It looks awesome, wonder if I can sort out a theme for my World Eaters to represent why they got so many war machines.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
11 side is disappointing. This things price iscrazy too.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Eleven, it IS Mega sized.

My Legion of Brass will be getting three of these. Damn the torpedoes!!!

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The powers in the Decimator are hilariously unbalanced. They can't print that can they? 15pt for +1A sometimes, or 15pts for becoming almost indestructible, hmm tricky.
I just read the dedication of nurgle, that is insane - how would you ever kill it and then if you do it might just come back. How would it work with strD weapons, presumably it could still attempt to stand back up?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
11 side is disappointing. This things price iscrazy too.
Points-wise or money-wise? Because for the size of the thing it is the same price as the Contemptor.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
nice addition to the FW stable, what i truely dont understand is why o why someone didnt say "hang on a second lets just make this in plastic and include it in the next chaos codex because we could sell that model by the truck load".
I think it looks good, its got a bit of warjack going on which im not too keen on but as a chaos deamon engine i think its nice,never been too fond of the huge torso on tiny legs design with dreads to be honest but i would likely own one if i was into chaos.

Price wise its a steal, to be honest for that price it would be rude not to buy it

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
That is a nice big scary figure! For a forge world model the price doesnt seem too bad. Dont think I will be getting one though even though it does look fantastic.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Ahh, so that's what it is! I'd been seeing random bits of this lying around the mould room for a few weeks but never saw the whole thing; I actually had thought the twin-linked AC arm was for a Chaos Contemptor or something. Neat.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I just read the dedication of nurgle, that is insane - how would you ever kill it and then if you do it might just come back. How would it work with strD weapons, presumably it could still attempt to stand back up?
A solid 6 will still destroy it, but it ignores 1 and 2 for being Demonic, can shrug off 3 and 4 on a 5+ with reroll, and if you do wreck it it comes back fully functional on a 6 with a reroll. I guess you do have to have a Nurgle IC to actually get to use it like that so you'll likely not, but that is pretty tough.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Price wise its a steal, to be honest for that price it would be rude not to buy it
Hmm, thanks B&K for providing me with my justification to Mrs. Deathklokk. :victory:

Hell, she does that with fucking shoes all the time. "Look how much money I saved by buying these!" :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell, she does that with fucking shoes all the time. "Look how much money I saved by buying these!" :scratchhead:
I believe the justification is that the model only needs to be bought once - as it can keep coming back (in game), think of all the money THAT saves, alternatively take the tact that shoes have to be bought in pairs, so naturally you need a pair of these to balance the books

·
Registered
13 Posts
This was my thoughts exactly, Ignores stunned/shaken results, a re-rollable 5+ against immobilised and weapon destroyed results, along with a re-roll on the 6+ needed to revive it, and re-roll any unlucky 1's to keep it on the table?! Only way to take it out is to make it explode....

I WANT IT!!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I like how it states that you have to have an independant character with the same mark to have that particular mark in an army. Perhaps this will be replicated in the next codex?

I.E. You may have Khorne Bezerkers as troops but only if you have a character with the Mark of Khorne in the force.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excuse my chaos ignorance, how difficult is it to get the IC in the army? and are there many sensible choices?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts