Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NIGHT LORDS NIGHT RAPTORS

The Night Raptors are a caste apart from the Night Lords Legion – not so much a martial elite as a bloody coterie of murderers wedded together by similar proclivities and chosen styles of warfare. The Night Raptors are equipped with jump packs and an array of close combat weapon, all of which they use to bring unfettered savagery down upon the heads of their foes in a single overwhelming onslaught.

NIGHT LORDS LEGION MK III SHOULDER PADS

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry about that, I've been waiting for these since games day :grin:

Edit*Goes to FW - £36 for 5!?!?! :ireful2:*

Its a good job I've been selling my 40k spares for the last 6 months to raise cash...:victory:

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In midnight clad, we are coming for you!!

These will be my first Forge World models once I get the cash, think i'll get two sets for a 10 man squad.

LotN

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In midnight clad, we are coming for you!!

These will be my first Forge World models once I get the cash, think i'll get two sets for a 10 man squad.

LotN
Same here - I'm planning on these being the bodyguard for The Night Haunter. With them gaining hit and run, stealth and shrouded from him they should be really quite useful.
Makess my chaos raptors nervous though :grin: *looks at them with selling eyes*

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
These would make great Chosen if you ever decided to magnetize their jump packs. Now if you excuse me, I have to go clean my keyboard after seeing this.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
This is... odd. I sent an email to FW asking about Night Lords on the AM of the 10th Nov, asking about expected release dates; to which they replied "there are none set very far in advance" on the 12th. On the 13th, they release Night Raptors. Coincidence?

One thing I did notice; the rules don't actually allow "Power Lances" to be taken as power weapons; unless it specifically states Power lancers are an option (White Scars, much?), "Power Weapons" are Swords, Axes or Mauls; possibly for balance due to every Power Weapon being a Lance and dedicated to getting an "at Initiative" S5 AP3 Charge and decimated units.

Consider this for a unit (if dreams were real)

Curze - 435
Jump Pack Chaplain, Trophies of Judgement - 90, grants Zealot and Fear
15 Night Raptors; 15 Chainglaives, 3 Meltaguns, Meltabombs - 550

To start off with, he is a Primarch; so scary as fuck; I don't have Chaos Daemons codex to hand, but with 7 Attacks on the charge, at WS8 S6 with a reroll to wound, and "to wound" of 6 gaining the Instant Death rule, he is nasty as anything in a straight up fight. Add in his D3 Hammer of Wrath attacks... The added benefit as well is that if you outnumber enemy INFANTRY in melee, you gain +1 to wound them; as Curze and Jump Infantry are bulky, the unit is effectively 34 strong; so effectively S7. Ouch. The Chaplains reroll to hit can't hurt there.

Of course, he's also extremely resilient; T6, 6 wounds, 2+/4++, Adamantine Will, It Will Not Die, Hit and Run, the ability to make Fear tests at -4 Ld (his own -3, and -1 for existing Fear Causers (ToJ on the Chaplain makes him cause Fear) means he's typically against WS1 opponents, as well as Shrouded and Stealth stacking alongside the Legion's USR "From the Shadows" for first turn 3+ Cover, reducing to 4+ at all other times, PLUS the ability to play the First turn in Night Fighting (when the entire Night Lords army has Night Vision), means they are likely to get where they are going to go.

The unit itself hits like a Steam Train though; obviously Hit and Run is awesome, but 16+D3 Hammer of Wraths, 15(D3+1)+4 WS5 (likely versus WS1, remember and a reroll to hit) S5 (+1 due to outnumber) AP3 Rending attacks. Should said enemy unit be destroyed (likely; remember there's like 1100pts worth of stuff hitting here) causing a 12" morale check bomb.

Against vehicles, they're Rending attacks,

Anything not Terminator Armoured is mincemeat, and with around 50 attacks and 4/5 hitting home, there are 40 hits; that's giving around 6-7 Rending hits; and that's not including the AP2 attacks from Curze himself, even then, they are going to take supreme casualties.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Can't say I noticed the feet until you mentioned them, I like them actually, some of the most dynamics SM's I've seen.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not a fan of the way the helmets have been done to be honest.

But meh, some NL love at last :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts