Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgeworld has released the Merwyrm for pre-order for use in Warhammer Fantasy:

From FW's site:
Merwyrms are most commonly found in the dangerous coastal waters of the Sea of Claws, and are bright silver-green and highly venomous. When food is scarce they have been known to assault coastal villages, devouring the inhabitants.

Other rarer sub-breeds are known to exist, such as the albino Pagowyrm which dwells in the frigid seas of Naggaroth, and the legendary black Sciowyrms found only in the deepest ocean trenches. Masters of the primordial darkness that surrounds them in the deeps, they are said to be one of the few creatures that dares to hunt the mighty Kraken.

Model designed by Trish Carden. This model is available to pre-order now for despatch from the 28th of June.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Well it certainly looks pretty nice, though (like most forgeworld) that price tag certainly does not.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
That is a truly hideous(in a good way) creature. And the painting, especially that the skin looks wet, is suppurb.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Why is it hairy instead of completely scaled? Not a fan. Parts of it look great, the maw and barnacles for example but the weird texturing on the skin seems half arsed. It's a lot easier to sculpt hair or fur then it is scales and that's the only reason i can see for them not continuing the scaled pattern over the entire body...it's even got weird hair like strands in its tail.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I love how hideous it is, they could have made it very sea serpent like but that's a bit obvious I think, this looks like sea cucumber with a STD. Can't wait to see somebody put it on a water base.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It looks like the GW/FW interpretation of a Bunyip. Which is pretty cool in itself, but seeing as the model is also incredibly badass I must admit that I'm a fan.

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Considering they used to be part of a HE army list I was expecting something more "noble"
Give it a crown and a long flowing purple cloak and everything will be fine.

The sculpt is pretty cool, and the paintjob is far better than I've come to expect from FW.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Nice centrepiece for an army I reckon, if you consider it like that then £60 isn't all that bad especially considering the details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts