Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Forgefather of the Aurora chapter. Yes, he's on a bike, and the weapon on his back is my interpretation of a conversion beamer (based roughly on the look of some of the old 'beamers.

There's quite a bit of green stuff on him- he started life as a normal marine on bike.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Looks quite good, but I'm not sure about the... hammer?... in his right hand. At first look, I took the upper red bit on the hammer to be the tech's hand and that he was brandishing some form of scanner...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Pauldrons are shoulder armor I believe, I think the word your looking for is greaves or just "leg armor" (thats the term Id use)

Looks like a great conversion, the paint job is real nice too. My one suggestion is putting the hammer and beamer on opposite sides of his body so they dont take away from each others space and look awkward (If he tried to swing that hammer, hed probably wreck the conversion beamer in the process)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
While I usually like your work I must be truthful and say that I'm not too fond of this. I hope you don't mind, you must be proud of your work and put it up here for others to see.

I like the modified CSM backpack and the extra light details on the front wheel, oh and your interpretation of the conversion beamer is a nice idea. The painting is done nicely as usual - I think his eye looks a little too wide but eyes are hard to do. I do think he looks a bit right sided what with the hammer and beamer on the same side. Maybe the conversion beamer mounted as an attack bike or a raised rear weapon mount wouldn't have taken away from the hammer.

I'd also like to see drilled gun barrels and maybe the seam on the front wheel filled in with gs for finishing touches. I usually am not this critical of peoples' work (I am pretty rubbish in comparison to many) but I figure you would appreciate honesty and constructive criticism. I joined this to learn from others and share ideas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts