Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Supposedly only going to be available on games day :(
Where does it even imply that? it's pre-released GD, so you can see/buy(?) them that day but will be a regular release.

In all honesty if I played Necrons I would feel ripped off, the tombstalker which has been alluded to before now towered above tanks etc, this is a small miniature.
I do like they styling, but considering the build up it's size is like a small fart in a big stadium.

The rules are nice though, I really am not lookign forward to having my units ripped to bits by the weenie-stalker

The grot megatank just looks like another "paste ork tank here" model, most people will just scratch build one, nothing really new there, but I am sure plenty will be sold, even if it is some stupid price

·
Registered
225 Posts
"Exclusively available as an advanced pre-release at Games Day UK, this technological terror is priced at £36 and will be available in limited quantities."

its avaliable pre-order so will be out on general release later in the year, bit like the ork stuff was ate FW openday, have to say its a bit dissapointing

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Exclusively available as an advanced pre-release at Games Day UK, this technological terror is priced at £36 and will be available in limited quantities."
The word 'exclusively' used in that way impliesthat it'll only be available there.
Regardless, yay, I was wrong :>

Because that is one very cool model.
I agree, they shouldn't call it that, because the Tomb Stalker is actually huge; but whatever, if GW makes their own they'll ignore FW, as they have done in the past, renaming things that FW made.

Example: Great Bombard, in the IG codex it's called the Colossus.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts

its avaliable pre-order so will be out on general release later in the year, bit like the ork stuff was ate FW openday, have to say its a bit dissapointing
Exactly, but £36 isn't bad for the model, I am still reeling at how little it is though, I guess they will have to retcon in some larger scale Necrons as this was supposedly the size of a titan!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well, I'm not sure that's the picture shown in the previous thread (blurry centipede), but it's certainly close enough that I have to extend my apologies to GrizBe!

Phil

·
Registered
800 Posts
I was right about the gaus weapon on its shoulder piece. I like it, will be a nice edition to my crons and its nothing but positive for anyone who plays Necrons, finally some love.

Do agree with it been a bit of a let down compared to the fluff tomb stalker.

EDIT - Its rules are nice though, fleet and move through cover and plus 2 attacks on the charge, so a possibility of 6 attacks and at Toughness 7 it really will be a bitch to take down.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Same model, same damn tank
one is on a leman russ hull one is on a chimera hull, both have a different gun.......if that to you looks the same maybe you should of gone to specsavers.
they just changed the rules to fit it in the standard rule set.
why?, the bombard fits the standard rule set, because it has rules amazingly, and there completely different to the collosus, because there completely different tanks.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Im very impressed with the tomb stalker, Necron carrion crawler!! i think we will see that in plastic within 2 years, its priced and sized to be on the 40k table in regular play,im not aware of its fluff, but that stuff is always exaggerated for dramatic effect anyway, the size makes the model playable and stable which is always good.

I have been ordered by the wife to buy the mega grot tank and paint it red !

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
51 Posts
that tomb stalker looks stunningly awesome.

I'll be making my first forgeworld purchase i think. i agree with the thoughts of seeing it in the next codex. a limited release looks like they're testing the water with it and the size and price

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
about the scale, it does say in the stats article that they differ in scale

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well, I'm not sure that's the picture shown in the previous thread (blurry centipede), but it's certainly close enough that I have to extend my apologies to GrizBe!

Phil
:punish: I do stand corrected :grin:

Phil

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
woah i read the rules its for codex necron meaning the necron codex will be comming maybe next year

1 - 20 of 45 Posts