Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


The Thanatar-Calix class Siege-automata is a potent war machine and a wonder of the Mechanicum’s craft. Combining arcane and secret technologies, it carries a twin-linked mauler bolt cannon alongside a rare solex pattern heavy lascannon, whose beams of coherent light can reach far across a battlefield to lethal effect. The Thanatar-Calix's most destructive armament though is the graviton ram, a weapon whose origins are lost in the Dark Age of Technology. The ram's crushing waves of gravitational force can pulverise infantry and vehicles alike, and it can be utterly devastating at both range and close quarters.

The Thanatar frame, designed as a heavy weapons platform, is well armoured and further protected by atomantic shield generators, making it nearly impervious to all but the heaviest of weapons fire. Whilst it is slow to advance, the Thanatar-Calix’s durability allows it to close steadily on its target, moving ever nearer until its formidable weaponry can be brought into range.

The Thanatar-Calix may be taken in any Mechanicum army, including the Taghmata Omnissiah, Legio Cybernetica and Ordo Reductor army lists, in Horus Heresy games

Product Page

Experimental Rules
 

·
Closet Dictator
Joined
·
3,429 Posts
Okay another beautiful sculpt from F.W, but....... the ram thing looks like it is holding a lunch box, does not float my boat, a nasty piece of kit but would i want it shooting or smashing, me thinks Oldman would pick the other siege engine with the plasma pie plates
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,830 Posts
This is supremely underpowered. It's main range gun is S10 AP2. So, while it has a decent chance to penetrate (50% against a Predator's front, even 33% chance vs a Land Raider or even 17% against a Flare Shielded Spartan), it's only going to blow up on a 6.

So, that's 1 in 6 turns to blow up. Against a Land Raider, that's a 33% chance, so 1 in 3 games, and with a 33% chance to even hit, that's 1 in 9 games.So, you have an "Heavy Weapon platform" that's incapable of taking on vehicles with any sort of reliability outside of pinging off a hull point from a medium vehicle.

TLMauler Bolt Cannon; AP3 can be done in a better way.

So, that brings its main melee capabilities to the fore. And you get a Flamer which forces a morale check at -2. So, you've got a melee walker which forces an enemy to flee. A haywire hit; so it can cause maybe 2 close range HP of damage. Maybe ping off a weapon.

In melee, I2, and only 2 attacks base with no bonus attacks outside of assault bonus makes it crap for taking on anything that's not another vehicle (where it's S10 AP1 might come in useful) or Fortification (but how often is an opponent reliant on an expensive Fortification? Things like the Primus Redoubt, Aquila Cannon and Fortress of Redemption are powerful, but expensive pieces of kit that are few and far between outside of special dedicated scenarios make it a poor choice; especially when its main strengths include its friendly force multiplying and providing cover saves; which are beaten by Hellex Mortars.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,861 Posts
I am concerned by this march of FW toward the direction of generic-steampunk-mecha looking robots.

The 'head' needs work. So much work.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top