Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Forge World have cranked out a few releases and these are they:

Eidolon, Lord Commander Primus of the Emperor's Children

Personally, I love the model. The unhelmeted head looks less stupid in colour than it did in bare resin. I wish it didn't cost £45 but that won't stop me buying it in the future to be honest. Found here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Lord-Commander-Eidolon-of-the-Emperor-s-Children

Imperial Fist MKVI Shoulder Pads

I think it's very interesting they've bought out MKVI for another Legion, but interesting none the less. Found here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resourc...99550101420_ImperialFistsMkVIShoulderPads.jpg

Legion Techmarines

MKIV

MKIII

Neat that they bought out Techmarines. Even more interesting is the fact that each one cost £22 and a set of 2 Apothecaries costs £21. Somehow, I'm anticipating a fair amount or rage at this price creep. Found here: MKIV, MKIII

Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord

Somehow I'm sure I've seen this model before. Can anyone else recall that? In any case, nice age of Shit-Mar got a release. Found here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Tamurkhan-the-Maggot-Lord

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

Neat that they bought out Techmarines. Even more interesting is the fact that each one cost £22 and a set of 2 Apothecaries costs £21. Somehow, I'm anticipating a fair amount or rage at this price creep. Found here: MKIV, MKIII

Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord

Somehow I'm sure I've seen this model before. Can anyone else recall that? In any case, nice age of Shit-Mar got a release. Found here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Tamurkhan-the-Maggot-Lord
yeah he was part of there warhammer forge phase and has his own book from them, I presume its just a kind of reband to age of sigmar

·
Registered
409 Posts
Don't forget this fella. One of the ugliest minis they have ever brought out, and I don't mean his scarring. It's just a really bad sculpt IMO.

Which is amazing since they took the body and legs from the original praetor model... didn't peg FW to be that lazy.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts

Eidolon, Lord Commander Primus of the Emperor's Children

Simply........ fabulous....

The MkIII techmarine, though, is going to take my lunch money.

·
Registered
332 Posts
So with Eidolon at £45, I guess the standard price for non-Primarch characters has gone up permanently.
I hope not.........but who knows. It will be intersting to see if the next Primarch in £70 (Like Perturabo) and the next character's price.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I can't imagine them going anywhere but up. Forge World are very much milking the Heresy line right now, everything is going up in price, no matter what it is. That five man Ultramarine squad for like £60 odd was crazy. Next primarch will be £70+, I guarantee it, and characters £45+

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's also never described as having a Thunderhammer or an Archeotech pistol IIRC. Some characters have iconic wargear, some don't. Not sure why that's such a bug bear?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't understand how it was possible to make him look more ridiculous than already but Lord Commander Skrillex looks like he's squeaking out a cheeky fart more than moodily staring off into the distance. After the simplistic beauty of models like Kharn, I'm disappointed with the offerings like Sevatar, Sigismund and Eidolon.
Funny you should say that. One of the best FW models I ever saw was that IW captain exclusive a few months back. I would expect certain models to look opulent, and certain ones not to. I would expect an IW or IF to have bulky, but simply armor, and some subtle modifications. And perhaps an EC, to have any manner of standard armor, but perhaps some filigree etchings added after-market. This would emphasize their vanity even more, vainly trying to pretty up mundane military issue armor. What I don't like is that their armor looks like it was manufactured with the ornate designs, which as far as I know, the Emperor wouldn't really approve of.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Space Marine Legion Centurion

I was wondering how I could use the new FW Space Marine Legion Centurion in 40k when he is equipped with the following wargear:-​

Artificer armour

Bolt pistol

Master-crafted power fist

Frag and krak grenades

The only thing I can think of is to use him as an ordinary captain? I'm not sure whether to get this model or not as I have a few captain models already - it might be better to buy some of GW centurion models instead?

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 29 Posts