Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't the first time I seem to have had this problem, but it's certainly the worst. I'm working on a World Eaters Land Raider, and since because of the way it's designed I was able to use a bitz seller for the hull, I splashed out on the Forge World doors and tracks.

The doors are a bit too small. It's not a major problem with the side doors, just makes the fit a little looser than normal. The top front door is a swine- it's so much smaller that the hinges only just fit into the holes for them. A little heating and bending sorted that one.

The tracks are useless.

The first problem is that you don't get the R5/L5 parts- the longest piece of track at the bottom. A problem if you don't already have a set of the plastic tracks, and even if you do it means you'd better not do a diorama where the tank isn't flat to the floor. But I digress.

ALL the tracks pieces are slightly too small. Not only are they not quite long enough, leading to you having to mess about with the positioning to get the small pieces in the right place on the corners, but they aren't wide enough to fully bridge the gap, which means they'd be very hard to securely glue in place.

For that matter, there's also no slots to receive the little lugs that usually make it impossible to assemble the tracks wrong- though two wrongs here make half a right, since you can fit the bloody things in NEXT to the lugs. That looks great. [<- sarcasm]

Looks like I get to make a fun phone call on Monday. Meanwhile my nice new Land Raider has Loyalist tracks and I need a new set for my other one. Bah.

Anyway, like I said, this isn't the first time I've had this sort of problem, but it's the worst. Anyone else found this one?

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
FW parts are usually always smaller, they shrink when they come out the mold, not allot that can be done, they should recognise this and make the parts larger, so when it shrinks its closer to the original, but FW don't give a fuck really, its not costing them anything to supply a poor product in the end, and contacting them can be a nightmare.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
As with any silicon mould based product the moulds do degrade, you may have unfortuantly got a mould that's at the end of it's life and as we all know, FW may make bloody awesome minis but their quality control is somewhat ah... lacking shall we say.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Contact FW and let them know this, they might give you replacement parts which fit better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts