Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deployed onto the battlefield as elite shock troops or the bodyguards of their magos overseers, Mechanicum Scyllax Guardian-automata have been adapted with a wide variety of mechadendrites and servo-arms for dissecting living matter with murderous speed. With an armoured carapace as durable as Legiones Astartes battle plate and powered by a rad furnace which can vent debilitating radiation at will, the Scyllax Guardian-automata are a force to be truly feared on the battlefield.

The
Mechanicum Scyllax Guardian-automata Covenant consists of four Scyllax Guardian-automata, each armed with a Scyllax bolter and various interchangeable claws and mechadendrites forming a mechadendrite combat array. Scyllax Guardian-automata Covenants can be taken in Mechanicum armies in Horus Heresy games and experimental rules for this unit are available to download HERE.

This is a complete multi-part resin kit. It is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 27th March.

“When Deimos and Phobos are at apogee and perigee, there thou shalt see the face of the Omnissiah. Clad in a body of gold, and wreathed in the firmament of the storm, the Lord of all Machines will stand in the midst of his people, and shall reign over all the dominion of Man.”

The Coming of the Omnissiah:
Exloaded by Pico della Moravec,
Primus of the Brotherhood of Singularitarianism

Well color me excited.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The new Iron Warriors-helmets. Me personally have no bigger problems with them but I will always see them with on ly MK.II and MK.III. That's their type if you ask me.

These torsos I'm not that huge of a fan of.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I really like the Scyllax. if I ever manage to find money for a HH army, it'll be Mechanicum, mixing Thallax and Scyllax as my troop choices (Tagmata army). Who needs fleshy Thralls?

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
The offset belt buckles are really weird on those torsos. I'm not sure how I feel about those. They look like they're miscast next to other Space Marine torsos. But, the rest of them overall are kinda cool. And I like the Iron Warrior helmets-- they're a neat variation and help "Iron Warrior-ize" the other patterns, even if Mk III suits are the Legion's go-to.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The new Iron Warriors-helmets. Me personally have no bigger problems with them but I will always see them with on ly MK.II and MK.III. That's their type if you ask me.

These torsos I'm not that huge of a fan of.

I'm not up on the latest Heresy era fluff, but those torso are pretty lackluster. I don't get the four pointed star. The heads see just so/so, very plain, and very smooth. Yes, I get that they look like skulls, but they're pretty boring.

I honestly think the Death Guard upgrade set would work better for Iron Warriors. Not the shoulder pads obviously, but a combination of the Iron Warriors heads with the Death Guard heads and the Death Guard torsos would look a lot better. The Death Guard torsos are much more Mark III looking and aggressive.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I'm not up on the latest Heresy era fluff, but those torso are pretty lackluster. I don't get the four pointed star. The heads see just so/so, very plain, and very smooth. Yes, I get that they look like skulls, but they're pretty boring.

I honestly think the Death Guard upgrade set would work better for Iron Warriors. Not the shoulder pads obviously, but a combination of the Iron Warriors heads with the Death Guard heads and the Death Guard torsos would look a lot better. The Death Guard torsos are much more Mark III looking and aggressive.

You can always use them but paint them as Iron Warriors. The great thing about the hobby how you work around problems. :)

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While I find the Iron Warriors an odd choice, I can understand why the choices they made where made. FW is trying really hard to make legions distinct in how they look beyond the color (which was the old method of telling most of the legions apart, though a lot of them had the same colors originally) and that means skirting away from stuff like that.

That said, there is nothing stopping people from mixing and matching their favorite armor types in their army (or even on their individual models). Be as restrained or as crazy as you want, it's your army and as long as you're happy with how it looks then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Oh forge world you never disappoint me with your models. Keep up the good work you magnificent bastards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts