Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Building on the already massive frame of an Ogryn, Solar Auxilia Charonite squads have been biochemically and cybernetically altered using ancient technologies, possibly of xenos origin, that have been deemed unholy by the Mechanicum. The result is a creature that will blindly follow orders, but which at the touch of a button will become a savage and near-unstoppable brute.

With the Ogryns' hands and forearms replaced by a brutal collection of mechanisms known as Charonite claws, which amplify their already fearsome strength, Ogryn Charonite squads can rip through armour plating with ease, devastating their foes in the cramped confines of boarding actions. It is little wonder then that as the wars of the Horus Heresy became ever more ferocious, Loyalist Solar Auxilia commanders increasingly turn to the creation of Charonites, particularly when facing Traitor Legiones Astartes and the forces of the Dark Mechanicum.

This is a complete resin kit which includes enough components to make three Ogryn Charonite models. The rules for using Ogryn Charonite Squads in Horus Heresy Solar Auxilia armies can be found in
The Horus Heresy Book Four - Conquest.

These models are available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Friday 13th March.

“I care not if my troops consider me a tyrant or a saint; I care only that they obey my orders”

Lord Marshal Konstin Shillesse,
Legate Commander of the 187th Cohort
(the Death's Heads)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Ogryn big daddies? I can dig it.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Heavy end down balances easier for standing around with.
This.

Also, unless don't particularly value your feet, resting on a hammer head down is by far the better option when compared to head up.

Fun story involving a practical joke loving father, a 15 pound sledgehammer, an ER visit, a really pissed off mother accompanying that little bit of knowledge. :victory:

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This.

Also, unless don't particularly value your feet, resting on a hammer head down is by far the better option when compared to head up.

Fun story involving a practical joke loving father, a 15 pound sledgehammer, an ER visit, a really pissed off mother accompanying that little bit of knowledge. :victory:
Yup. Actually it's one of the things I really like about the Inquisitor Coteaz model:

He's gripping the hammer just behind the head, where it's easier to hold for a long period of time due to balance (there is a physics rule involve levers and fulcrums involved there), plus you can tell the head of that thing is really heavy by how it still dips down despite where he's holding it.

Yes it's silly, but sometimes the details make the minis.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
The Coteaz model makes more sense to me. Yeah, if you're just standing around watching tanks roll by like some Imperial teamster the head down pose makes sense. I expect my legionaries to be obliterating skulls! I mean, he's not even pointing at the enemy! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Pfffft...he's being inspirational.
Yes his presence is perfectly and completely inspirational to us all!

(Glances at something off camera)

yes completely inspirational.

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
He is Alpha Legion, he is resting the hammer like that, so everybody is wondering why he is doing it that way, and not thinking about whatever it is he doesn't want them to think about but not knowing he doesn't want them to know he doesn't want them knowing!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
He is Alpha Legion, he is resting the hammer like that, so everybody is wondering why he is doing it that way, and not thinking about whatever it is he doesn't want them to think about but not knowing he doesn't want them to know he doesn't want them knowing!
Well i'm thinking about it now so the plan has failed, unless he does not want me to think about why he's resting his hammer but on the other hand (brain explodes)

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Those Ogryn really doesn't appeal to me - They look like Shrek who fell into a garbage disposal. The sculpts are fine, but the look... Ech.
Nord, I'm with you. I want to like them, I've been biting my tongue and trying to like them. But I still can't. I like parts of them. Mostly the weapons and the closed masks.

The biggest problem is that based on the proportions and the "armour" they look like giant babies in Victorian era diving gear.

And why bother severing their hands to be replaced with weapons. As far as I know Ogryns are great at smashing things. Replacing their hands with weapons just means that they'll accidentally destroy their own heads when they're bored and try to pick their noses. The open face is pretty awkward. Why not have them all masked?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts