Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
the lascannon TL plasma looks kitbashed...awful.
the assault cannon on the other hand...

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Meh. It's good that there are now kits for these, but if they had just made the TL asscannon from the crusader kit available as a separate upgrade sprue people would be happy with that. As for the las-plas, I was hoping they might do something old school, like the original razorback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh I'm really liking the TLAC. Looks like I might have to snag this for my Sammael on Sableclaw conversion. That lasplas looks a little meh to me too.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
The thing I find interesting about these is who made them and his FW bio.
Yeah, but if it looks like a bag of arse, who cares what he used to make it? That las/plas combo is just awful.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Only thing I don't like is it's fucking huge barrel. Otherwise, I kinda like it. The Ultramarines RBack is interesting though. Considering that there was no RBack in 30K, and it's not Deimos Rhino, it suggests it might be part of a FW force. A new UM oriented Imperial Armour? Or perhaps a Warzone; Macragge is on its way?
That one that Khorne linked? That's an older edition of the RB that GW used to make.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Very nice. Love the assault cannon turret :good:

And at least there is a physical option for the original armament again :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Considering you can now print (with the higher end machines)in a wax material that has virtually no print lines and can be molded straight from the printer, we may be seeing more and more of this from FW. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. Good catch.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Considering you can now print (with the higher end machines)in a wax material that has virtually no print lines and can be molded straight from the printer, we may be seeing more and more of this from FW. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. Good catch.
I think Its been happening for quite some time, quite alot of the heresy stuff is just far too perfect for it to have been "hand sculpted", im not taking anything away from the FW dudes, they are real life wizards as far as im concerned, but i have had chance to compare some of the ranges over time and its clear that a machine has been involved in the process at some level as the vehicles and similar stuff is just too damn accurate and crisp, a good example would be the Cerastus Knight Lancer , Darren parwood is an amazing mini designer but i also think he and most of the studio have been learning how to digitally sculpt as quite a few of his minis were transferred to plastic kits when GW started to use CAD and 3d printing prototypes not too long ago, i think the two studios do slightly different processes but i think the process is something like
1. Brief
2. sketch concepts
3. sketch model
4. scan sketch model
5. CAD sketch model into protoype
6. print prototype
7. refine prototype
8. last fix/details
9. GW break up into sprue /FW Break up for molds
10 GW Produce prototype sprue / FW make master mold
11 GW produce sprues /produce resin casts.

i would recon almost all models both companies produce now have some level of cad involvement, maybe the odd FW organic creature for warhammer forge might still be done old school, but given the speed of release these days its clear rapid prototyping is really paying dividends.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts