Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking over my long-term plan for my collection... I was playing around with starting a Tyranid army, but I think that I might just build on my Word Bearers Chaos army. Part of the long-term plan was to add air support. I would like to add a Hell Talon from Forge World.

With this in mind, I would like to ask the forum members if anybody has played with air support in a game and also if anybody has bought the Hell Talon.

I guess I am really looking for input as to whether or not getting a Hell Talon will be a big waste of money. It is an impressive looking model and would be fun to paint and can be fielded as a heavy in a CSM army... But if it is useless on a battlefield then it becomes a shelf warmer. A expensive one at that.

I was also considering adding a platoon of Renegades in a Valkyrie. That might be a better allocation of cash. This is why i am looking for input.

I'd appreciate any and all input...

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the Hell Talon packing anyway? Looks like a real light fighter, thus very light weapons.

I think that you are looking at the Hell Blade. It is a light air-superiority fight. It has twin-linked Autocannons I believe.

The Hell Talon is a fighter-bomber. It mounts, TL-Autocannons, TL-Lascannons and 8 Bombs.

I am just trying to see if this will be a waste of time and money or if it would be a worthy addition to my army.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IA6 Pt.2 - Hell Talon:
I've heard they are useful if you use them properly; usually in pairs, i can't say from experience, only from talking to other Apocalypse players.

SGMAlice

That raises an interesting question that I had not thought of....

Is it an Apocalypse Only unit? From what I read they were a HEAVY choice. Am I wrong??

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My advice is to ignore any experimental/apoc units from FW unless you either play alot of appoc, or live by a incredibly friendly gaming center. The logic behind this statement being that why should you waste 40-50 dollars on something you will only get to use in 20% of your 40k games
Thank you very much for your response. This is what I have been thinking. Spending that much money on a vehicle that might only be played very infrequently seems a total waste. Alas, my gaming is mostly with my son (7) on a homemade table in the basement. He is getting into Eldar and so I might actually get to paint something different.

(Mind you I am one to talk since I have a FW warhound).
OK... That is reason enough to dislike you. :wink: Just kidding... but I am jealous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.