Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fulgrim is now available for pre-order from Forge World!

Fulgrim. Primarch of the Emperor's Children.

The mercurial and prideful Fulgrim, the Phoenician, strove to be a paragon of all things. He passed on his values to his Legion, where they became enshrined as a remorseless dedication to perfection in warfare. Such all-consuming ambition came at the price of vainglory and hubris for both the Emperor’s Children Legion and their master, and they were swiftly ensnared in the Warmaster’s conspiracy.

Modelled in the thick of bloody combat, his arrogance and condescension given way to fratricidal anger and battle-born wrath, this dynamic miniature showcases the full opulence of Fulgrim’s panoply. The miniature comes supplied in a handsome presentation box, and features a large 60mm scenic base, itself packed with detail, into which a 40mm base sits, allowing for both display and gaming use. You can find out about how Simon Egan approached such an iconic project here. There is a 360º view of the model at the end of the video.

Fulgrim is available to pre-order now for despatch from the 28th of June.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
If I'm honest, I can't stand it.....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
There are things I like and things I don't. As others, have said, the face is off. That and he looks more like he is dancing among dead bodies, rather than fighting. But the base is nicely done and his armour is superb. I love the detail in his armour, heraldry and sword. Overall, probably a C+ model.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
He looks like he is about to suck a huge dick. I hate the face.
Well he is devoted to Slaanesh so that could very much be a likely scenario...
I can't say enough how much I hate FW's purple, that face, that sword, those oaths of moment, or the size of his hand to head ratio, or his hair.
Eh I don't mind the model itself (though now that you mention the hand-to-head it does seem off), but I 100% agree on the size of the oaths of moment. Waaay to large. I haven't checked other views of the model yet but Fulgrim himself just doesn't seem large enough compared to the bodies of the marines on his base.

Granted, if I played Emperor's Children, I'd still buy the damned thing in a second haha.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Well i would have thought that was obvious ,they changed into there sunday boots so they looked "fabulous!" for this photo
Behold! The truth emerges.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I actually don't mind it. The face is similar to Angrons I feel, wide jaw etc. The only thing I'm not sold on is the sword but thats easily fixed!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I heartily agree with B&K. I may be wrong, but I feel like there's a lot of internet bandwagon jumping going on. If I asked everyone who "hates" the model what they thought about it to their face, without various multi-thousand post well-respected members giving their opinion first, I doubt they'd be so critical. I think it's an amazing model, and once my forces are large enough to stand as an acceptable bodyguard, he's on my to-buy list.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts