Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FORGE WORLD BULLETIN 43

Despite it only being the start of January, the Forge World Studio is starting to get into gear for February’s Horus Heresy Weekender. It seems like a long time away, but it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to put on such an awesome event. Taking a ramble through the Forge World Studio last week, I came across something pretty cool being worked on. I don’t know much about this twisted monstrosity yet, but I’m sure we’ll find out more soon, maybe in time for the Weekender…

Something ferocious spotted stalking through the Forge World Studio.

Over the years, the designers in the Forge World Studio have worked on a whole range of armies of their own. Mark Bedford’s Chaos Space Marines force uses plenty of Forge World units and upgrade kits. His World Eaters Terminators and World Eaters Space Marines are led by Zhufor, the Khornate Lord in Terminator armour. They’re supported by a hulking Decimator and a Contemptor Dreadnought that Mark converted using Etched Brass symbols, and he even replaced the fingers of its fist with the chainblades from a set of bolters! Mark has also added a unit of Renegade Ogryn Berserkers as part of a Renegades and Heretics allied detachment from Imperial Armour Volume Thirteen.

Mark’s Chaos force advances into battle.

That’s all from me for now. Make sure you check back soon for more from the Forge World Studio.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My suspicion is both. Perhaps this is the first in a line of "chaos contemptors". Maybe in future we'll see a death guard one with pustules, an emperors children one with spikes and nipple rings, a night lord one with...actually the night lord one will probably look the same but you get the idea

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I thought that was pretty obvious from the runes on it. It looks very similar to the ones on the Word Bearer contemptor forge world already have. Possibly something for the upcoming Horus Heresy book focused on Calth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts