Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I know this was said a few times with the rage of not being able to take some FW stuff for Daemonkin. But I have received a nice email back in which they have tried to clear up the rules.

So I wrote

Hello, I have a rather simple question here and I couldn't see an answer anywhere but to me the thing is glaringly obvious though until it is put up in print by yourselves it seems my friends (some of them are rules lawyers) deny me.
Basically could we have a list of the Forge World things that are usable by the new Khorne: Daemonkin book. Or at least a blanket "Anything Khorne from FW is allowed by Khorne Daemonkin"
This reared its ugly head against me when I was nicely deploying my army and threw down 3 Blood Slaughterers (though I managed to take these as a battle formation) and a Khorne Decimator. He challenged it saying I could not use them as they are Codex CSM or Codex Daemons only currently.

Of course a blanket of all the CSM or Daemon units that have been done would not work, as they can not take various tanks and things, it would be rather odd to see a relic predator for daemonkin when they do not get a normal predator. But as said the Titans, Blood Slaughterers, Contemptor, Decimator, Brass Scorpion, An'ggrath, Uraka & Maybe the Spartan should be allowed.
Equally as the rumour mill continues to say a Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh version of the Daemonkin Codexes will be coming later then it would be easy enough to also make a list of the models that would go with each of the respective gods to release within a week or 2 of the new Codex dropping.

If I could have an answer personally that would be great, though a release of a quick FAQ "Forge World models in Khorne Daemonkin Armies" would be even better.
There reply was

Hi,
Thank you for your email. any codex updates like this for our products takes a long time to complete, as they have to fit in with the writing of new books. So, until this appears we would suggest the following -

Anything that can be taken in a codex Daemon force can be taken in a Daemonkin Army as long as it is Khorne based. Please note that this includes the Greater Brass Scorpion, as the stamp for Codex Daemons was missed off its profile.
So looks like from my gatherings this would mean you could use
Greater Brass Scorpion
Chaos Reaver Battle Titan (Daemon-Titan of Khorne upgraded)
Chaos Warhound Titan (Daemon-Titan of Khorne upgraded)
Decimator Daemon Engine (of Khorne)
Blood Slaughterers
An'ggrath
Uraka
Spined Chaos Beast (of Khorne)
Gorefeaster: Daemon Beast of Khorne

Though currently I would have to assume that you do not gain the Blood for the Blood God or Skulls for the Skull Throne rules.

Though it looks as though NOT Relic Preditors (all variants), Spartan, Storm Eagles, Thunderhawks, Contemptor (even if dedicated to Khorne), Giant Chaos Spawn, Sicaran, Proteus, Achilles, Fellblade, Typhoon, Fire Raptor, Hell Blade, Hell Talon, Dreadclaws, Ferrum Infernus & Rapier Weapon Batteries.

I think that is at least 3 good things with the Blood Slaughterers, Decimator, An'ggrath being usable. But a disappointment that the Spartan, Contemptor, Giant Spawn, Hell Blade, Hell Talon & Ferrum Infernus aren't currently on the approved list. But hopefully they will soon have some if not all with the ones I put in bolt being the ones that I would think would be allowed.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Glad they caved in and actually gave you an answer. As to stuff like Giant Spawn/Spined Beast... how about we still take that stuff, because as far as I'm concerned it belongs in our army.

They don't need to write a new book to tell us what units we can take. They already need to release an erratum for IA13, so an additional few lines of text shouldn't take more than what, five minutes? Really makes you wonder why they haven't released a pdf yet.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there isn't many of them in the FW team who do the rules, and I think they are happy making money on selling things more than getting no money FAQing things. Though it would be nice if they had a generic Q&A post thing that they could keep as something they can answer 10 decent questions once a month or whatever to release and answer a bunch of questions each month. This could then be used to throw out FAQs for individual books.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
That was an epic feat of yours! Thanks for the mail you sent, the answer was truly unexpected!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TBH the FW team are really really good with this. If you send them a mail to [email protected] they tend to get back to you in a couple of hours min to just say that they might need more time and will come back to you. Or sometimes (in my case about 6-7 hours) will come back with either a full or brief answer.

The one above is a brief answer as it says "So, until this appears we would suggest the following" So in doing so, this is what they think should be the case for now, rather than the fully approved decision, as I guess other implications could come from saying what he said that have unintended consequences that may hype up the level of the army or using those things, or even remove an intended weakness in the army that is there by design.
It would possibly be the equal of allowing apoc formations in normal games. Things like the Heldrake Fear Squad are huge as you can then start them all on the table. In a normal game this can be incredibly powerful against armies without much anti air (such as Necron).

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to add Gorefeaster: Daemon Beast of Khorne to the list of allowed!!!!

Never used one as it seemed to be a T6 W4 version of a Maulerfiend and at 160pts it was never worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts