Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just curious on your thoughts.

my Thousand Sons have slow and purposeful as a "special rule" so no over watch (which my friends like, no love to exploit and remind me of it like there is no tomorrow). just reading the foreboding text it says
"fire overwatch using their full ballistic skill, rather than ballistics skill 1. note this does not allow weapons that could not normally fire overwatch to do so."

does this mean because my Thousand Son marines fire boltguns (which can fire overwatch) that they can now fire during the overwatch phase.

I think that the psychic ability should over ride the USR or that me just trying to read what I want.

thanks in advance for your thoughts

Cheers
Woodzee

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I don't think so. The rule states that you fire your overwatch using your full ballistic skill, if you use Foreboding. It also states that you can fire weapons, that you wouldn't normally do.

However, it isn't the weapons that is the problem in your case. It's the models. You cannot fire overwatch due to them being slow and purposeful. The rule doesn't change this and there is no mention of allowing models that otherwise couldn't - Only weapons.

In my opinion it's still a no-go.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers @Nordicus for the quick response. I kinda thought that, but I was holding on to that glimmer of hope. I hate being charged but weak units of two or three models and then being tar pitted by rubbish units. example my 9man squad held up by 7 termagaunts for 2 turns, when they should've faced 17 overwatch shots. oh well just hping they fix that shit with the new Tzeentch dex when/if it arrives.

otherwise we will just have to keep playing our home rule, "while a sorcerer is attached to the unit it is relentless" just doesn't help that we are play testing for a games day.

cheers

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I don't think so. The rule states that you fire your overwatch using your full ballistic skill, if you use Foreboding. It also states that you can fire weapons, that you wouldn't normally do.

However, it isn't the weapons that is the problem in your case. It's the models. You cannot fire overwatch due to them being slow and purposeful. The rule doesn't change this and there is no mention of allowing models that otherwise couldn't - Only weapons.

In my opinion it's still a no-go.
Exactly.
Man, we play Chaos. We are abused like a puppy in the hand of a 7 yo.
But we will win, nonetheless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts