Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im getting shafted for force weapon rules, how do they work?

i wound someone several times and they just took leadership tests, i don't think thats how it works or does it?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
when you wound someone with a force weapon you make the leadership test and if you pass they are dead otherwise it would be pointless against many armies and anything that is immune to psycology.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Generally, your first dozen games or so should last quite a while, since you should be looking up every questionable rule that comes up. Force Weapons are a trip.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Nope, you are getting shafted.

You wound and you take the psychic test. You don't pass they take a wound and you maybe take a perils of the warp test, you pass the test they die, simple.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Normally you can only use 1 psychic power per turn. Using the force wpn ability counts as using a power. So if my space marine librarian uses might of heroes ability then he cannot use the force wpn ability that turn.

I say normally as there are a few exceptions. Mephiston and a couple others with force wpns are allowed to use more than 1 psychic power per turn.

When opp. takes a wound from a force wpn. The psycker makes a ldrshp test. If he passes,then opp. is slain outright. There is a character/wpn out there that lets you make a check for each wound inflicted to see if you slay the opp. Cannot remember for the life of me who/what it is.

As always,reading the rulebook does help. Otherwise,you will always shaft yourself. See p.46 special close combat attks. Then look under force wpns. There is a nice big paragraph explaining the use of the almighty force wpn.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey if there is ill just say if you disagree ask a staff member :D.

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
lol... Good luck with asking the staff members. :grin:

I'm sure Tor and a few others here can tell ya... Those store staff employees are just as often clueless as not. Don't take the word of an employee over the BBB. And, if you don't have the BBB, you really should not be playing. That is considered very poor manners indeed, lol.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if they don't have the bbb then theres no problem :D. yeah its true someone shot a ord weapon at my tank and tried to sya it got the rear but its always hull down

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
George plays Eldar and Wolves, so I think he just got his Diresword and Force Weapon mixed up.

Just don;t forget, the FW is a psychic test so it can be hoodblocked, and you can end up taking warp damage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts