Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah is anyone actually buying that excuse?
Is it really that hard to credit Graham McNeill with some intellect?

He wouldn't have made a mistake like that, considering he's one of the people who established the Horus Heresy timeline way before the novel series was ever a thing.

The whole point of the Outcast Dead / Wolf Hunt timeline is to drive a point across.

Magnus wasn't punished for actually playing around with minor spells, whatever bans Nikaea stipulated. He was punished for practicing sorcery on such a scale that it not only lasted two years, managing to overcome the most formidable array of psychic defenses in the Imperium (defenses which, I would assume were being constantly bolstered throughout those two years), but also caused considerable morale damage among the population, when it eventually broke out (IN the middle of a Galaxy-spanning civil war).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm about to reach The Outcast Dead in my HH read-through. (Well, mostly listen-through from this point forward.) Will I be "safe" to listen to Wolf Hunt right after, or is there some intermediate material that I should read first?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My memory is bit fuzzy on this one, so take it with a grain of salt but I think you should be safe. Wolf Hunt only deals with the aftermath of TOD, I think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it really that hard to credit Graham McNeill with some intellect?

He wouldn't have made a mistake like that, considering he's one of the people who established the Horus Heresy timeline way before the novel series was ever a thing.

The whole point of the Outcast Dead / Wolf Hunt timeline is to drive a point across.

Magnus wasn't punished for actually playing around with minor spells, whatever bans Nikaea stipulated. He was punished for practicing sorcery on such a scale that it not only lasted two years, managing to overcome the most formidable array of psychic defenses in the Imperium (defenses which, I would assume were being constantly bolstered throughout those two years), but also caused considerable morale damage among the population, when it eventually broke out (IN the middle of a Galaxy-spanning civil war).
I couldn't agree more. :eek:k:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts