Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

For Those Playing Guards - What are the Most Effective Leman Russ Variants in 6th Ed?

727 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ntaw 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am really inteerested in running an imperial guards army with loads of leman russes...So far I have 4 of them....Two demolishers fully magnetized and two Battle tanks which are not magnetized unfortunately...they can only do the battle tanks and Vanquishers....

I have not played yet with the new Codex but based on what I can see, Ordinance weapons might not be the best use of our Russes so I was thinking about purchasing two other battle tanks that I would use as Exterminators...Seems like those would kinda rock, especially with our new orders...(Tank Hunters etc....)

I would like to know what are your current favorite russes and why, that might help me make an informed purchased decision...

Tks for your help guys.

P.S: Sorry for my poor english, it is not my first language...

#2 ·
I have been absolutely loving Knight Commander Pask. The boosts he gives to his squad and the tank he's in are just spectacular. You are very correct about the Ordnance weapons though, sponsons and them just don't get along due to Snap Shots (though Pask giving the unit Preferred Enemy will see at least a few re-rolls).

I have been playing Pask with two LRBTs just lobbing BC shots out. Almost impossible not to wound with Preferred Enemy, Pask's tank's re-rolls, and S8/AP3. Plus, Split Fire-ish order if you're feeling confident.

Also, Pask in an Executioner (pie plate plasma) with two LRBT's.

Also, Pask in a Punisher (20 rending shots :crazy:) with an Executioner.

Eventually I would like to try Pask in a Vanquisher with two LRBTs, but I will need to get a couple more tanks that I can magnetize properly. Just bought a pretty serious (around 3-4k) Guard army off a buddy, still getting used to the models I have and the new 'dex before I get spend happy. Not to mention my other four armies...

Sorry for my poor english, it is not my first language...
Don't suppose your first language is French with the Canadian flag flying, eh?

#3 ·
I have been absolutely loving Knight Commander Pask

I ordered him last week, I have a Punisher waiting for him...thoses rending shots are gonna make those monstrous creatures pretty nervous....

I tend to agree that preferred enemy on battle tanks might be good but I am wondering If a squad of two executioners might not be better....They have no chance of bad scattering (Which can happen a lot with BS3)....

Don't suppose your first language is French with the Canadian flag flying, eh?
French it is :)....

#6 ·
Not with Pask splitting fire and an Engiseer or two in base contact with the other Executioners to let them PotMS to their heart's content (and, not coincidentally, repairing any plasma overheat glances). Plus a Primaris Psyker Presciencing them.

#9 ·
Pask in a Punisher with some standard cheap bullet shields for him for my vote.

His 20 shots are usually good enough to kill anything.

#10 ·
His 20 shots are usually good enough to kill anything.
**that doesn't have an AV. That's why I pair him with Executioners or Battle Tanks, to up the Strength/AP. Rending is awesome, but it isn't something to rely on (says they guy that used to play TLAC spam like it was nobody's business).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.