Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, it`s a tyranid roleplay. :shok: And we are full.

Plot: In the battle for Tarsis Ultra, the tyranids were eventually defeated when a Deathwatch Kill Team succeeded in delivering a biological toxin into the heart of the tyrani Hive Fleet, the Norn Queen itself. The resultant frenzy of mutation overwhelmed even the tyranids advanced physiology, and the psionic backlash all but destroyed the tyranid Overmind controlling the invading swarm.

With that, The ultramarines and mortifactors withdrew, leaving only a small contingency to aid the local populace in their clean up efforts.

But the tyranids, whilst diminished, were not eradicated. (at least not for the purposes of this rp. We`ll assume a couple of survivors. :biggrin: )

Even now, some small semblace of control has been restored, and their survival instinct is stronger than ever...

Cast of Characters:

Dominatrix Prime: aka "Mother" (npc)

First: Serpion5 Single bonesword, Spinefists.

Second: eh89 Rending Claws, Deathspitter.

Third: DestroyerHive Scything Talons, Spinefists.

Fourth: Tolisk: Lash Whip, Devourer.

Fifth: warpspawned: Rending Claws, Devourer.

Sixth: Snowy: Scything Talons, Devourer.

Basically, I am looking for five more tyranid warriors to complete the brood. Knowledge of tyranid fluff and behaviour is essential to stay in character. If you are unsure of what mannerisms to use, we`ll aim for something along the lines of the zerg cerebrates in starcraft. It`s a stretch, I know, but we have to start somewhere right?

Names are irrelevant. You`ll simply be called by your number as you join (in this case representing the order in which your character will hatch.)

Weapons: One close combat weapon configuration. Either scything talons or rending claws. Fluffwise they`re about as lethal as each other, so it mainly depends on whether you want to slash `em up or rip `em up.

One ranged weapon symbiote.
Devourer: Has longer range, higher rate of fire, but little armour pierce ability.
Spinefists: Shorter range, burst shot. Slightly better at armour pierce.

I will also include two mutations, to be claimed on a first come first served basis.

Deathspitter (taken): High strength, good armour penetration, good range. eh89
Lashwhip (taken): Longer reach, able to immobilise a single foe. Tolisk

I leave it up to the players to apply sensible limits to the extent of their abilities. For example, the lashwhip immobilises a foe. So if you are fighting three guardsmen, you`ve essentially got one less to worry about. However, if fighting a space marine, I expect he would be a little more resourceful.

Personalities will develop over the course of the story. But to begin, you are essentially newborns.

Rules:

Don`t hijack the storyline. Stick with what you`re given.

No God Modding. (obvious)

No killing, injuring or directly controlling another player`s character. Only I can do this.

I am the Alpha. You are allowed to think, comment and form opinions. But you are not allowed to disobey. :nono:

I expect at leas one post a week. Inactive minds will be reabsorbed by the collective of the Hive and replaced. You will only be warned once... :spiteful:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Looks good Serpion5, i'll jump in

Name: Second

Weapons: Rending Claws, Deathspitter

Personality: First does what it was born to do, KILL!:threaten:

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured you`d jump in. :biggrin:

But you are Second, I am First.

Welcome aboard.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Personally I just wanted to say something... hmm... Im not sure about this but I think it will be very hard\uninteresting to run a Tyranid RP for several reasons.
One Tyranids dont feel, they are controlled by the hive mind or by the strongest Tyranid after him, this will lead to the fact that Tyranids cant have a personality.
Also because Tyranids are controlled by the hive mind they have no will thus no thougths of their own thus rendering players unnecessary because they have to follow orders.
Also I guess that there wont be a large amount of thinking in this RP but more of KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL REST KILL KILL KILL KILL EAT KILL KILL style of play and for me at least its not very interesting :p

BUT and its a big BUT(more like an ass), if you can and want to run this RP then I wish you good luck :D

Everything said above has no intention to hurt or offend...

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew someone would say that.

RPs are only as fun as we make them komanko, so if you don`t think you`re up to the challenge of spicing up this game, then I don`t think you`d be a very good player. :p

BUT and it`s a big BUT (more like an ass) I have been working on this idea for a while and have already devised a fluff compatible solution to this problem you have pointed out. Your loss...

Everything said above had no intention to hurt or offend. :D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ah, what the hell? Count me in!

Name: Third

Weapon Symbiotes: Rending Claws and Scything Talons

I look forward to this!
DH

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, DH.

But you need ONE CC weapon set and ONE gun set. Read carefully.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Komanko, seriously, back off. This is the 20th time I've seen you do this, crticise unecessarily. Really, back off dude, I'd negative rep you if I could, but this will have to do.

Ahem, anyways, Serpion5, i was wondering about our characters. Are they Hormogaunts, Brood Lords, or something else. I only ask cause if I can take a bigger character, I'll ask!

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Or how about you back off instead emporershand? If the GM has a problem with what someone is saying than he can deal with it or he can go and get help. There is no reason for you to have to get involved, even if you think its a good idea for you to do so.

Having said that, personally I am inclined to agree with Komanko in that this does not seem like its going to end very well. However I would like to see how it goes, and maybe get proven wrong, or be proven right.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ahem, anyways, Serpion5, i was wondering about our characters. Are they Hormogaunts, Brood Lords, or something else. I only ask cause if I can take a bigger character, I'll ask!
You are a Warrior.

As for the weapons, I'll take Scything Talons and Spinefists please!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Alright, thanks, I was wondering about that.

Darkreveer, you may be right, but he's been doing this all over YOUR RPG THREAD! He's acting as if he knows everything, putting two cents in everything. Your right, I probably shouldn't get involved, but I am getting sick of seeing him insult people for no good reason. I will let it drop after I post once more, but please talk to him, cause I gareunteed that more than myself are growing tired of it.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
As you see in this thread to Emperorshand, you are the one who is looking for attention, I never insulted Serpio and if you could read correctly you would have seen it. The matter between me and Serpio was setteled I did not take offense and he did not take offense so why wont you stop spamming and destroying other peoples normal reputation.

As for serpio, as I said, I wish you only good luck and fun in this RP if you can run it. I also agree a RP is fun as you make it its true. I wont say this is not true, the only problem that there are types of Rp's that are much harder to run but as was said here before if your up for the challange then Ill be happy to see this RP work and again good luck :)

A small not, Emperorshand before making a smartass comment I advice you to shut up now, because im not intending to spam this thread with a petty pointless argument with you.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Any more negative comments and I`ll request banhammers, seriously.

emperorshand89, leave outside problems ouside please? The problem is settled! It was settled as soon as I replied!

Komanko, if you don`t intend on playing, don`t post please? It`s very disappointing to see a new reply on a recruitment only to open it and find a pointless post instead. And a criticism at that. If you don`t think it will work, don`t play. Simple solution right?

Darkreever is right, this rp is experimental and I for one am willing to try it. I hope I can make it work as well.

On a more pleasant note, Tolisk, welcome aboard. :)

EDIT: Tolisk, Lashwhip is fine, but it replaces your CC set. You need to take one of the gun sets I listed as well. Devourer or Spinefist.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Personally I just wanted to say something... hmm... Im not sure about this but I think it will be very harduninteresting to run a Tyranid RP for several reasons.
One Tyranids dont feel, they are controlled by the hive mind or by the strongest Tyranid after him, this will lead to the fact that Tyranids cant have a personality.
Also because Tyranids are controlled by the hive mind they have no will thus no thougths of their own thus rendering players unnecessary because they have to follow orders.
Also I guess that there wont be a large amount of thinking in this RP but more of KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL REST KILL KILL KILL KILL EAT KILL KILL style of play and for me at least its not very interesting :p

BUT and its a big BUT(more like an ass), if you can and want to run this RP then I wish you good luck :D

Everything said above has no intention to hurt or offend...

Ok, and you don't call this an insult komanko. You need to learn to be fair, not criticising. Seriously that what other threads are for, this thread is for RPG'ing.:nono:

But, since my good friend Serpion5 and darkreveer has asked me to drop it, I will. Good luck Serpion5, I look forward to the story:victory:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I must use devouror! I must!

And at the bottum of that quote it says "Everything said above has no intention to hurt or offend..."

And komanko, its not eat kill kill kill eat kind of play, because overtime serpion stated that they would gain personalityes because of the toxin a.k.a "enhances brain power"

Problem increasingly solved. :)

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Ok, hmm myabe I didnt notice the toxin part, anyway the problem wa solved like a page ago XD

·
Registered
362 Posts
Count me in:

Name: Fifth

Weapons: Rending Claws, Devourer

Personality: Fifth is technically a Newborn, therefore has not had the chance to learn and develop.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fifth is in.

One more to go.

I`ll give it another day or two.

@Tolisk: Devourer. Got it! :eek:k:

1 - 20 of 145 Posts