Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ok so here is the problem I'm struggling with. I'm going to start a space wolf army but a different chapter as I feel like making something. I think I'm going with Storm Wolves (this could change if a name suits an awesome scheme however :)). Any who while wanting to keep the scheme wolf like my first thoughts were dark grey instead of the light grey of space wolves, however I'm wondering if anyone could come up with anything a touch more exciting. One friend is doing a almost white 'nilla SM army and another took black legion so I'd like to steer clear of white's and Black so it doesn't look like a copy/paste job.

So over to you lot, got any ideas for a good wolf/canine based chapter scheme?

Tanks and thanks in advance
Love 'n' Peace
Panzer

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
One of my friends paints his wolves black or dark grey with yellow trim.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With a name like the storm wolves you could even get away with a dark blue or so.
nightlords paint scheme on your loyalist pig space wolve models would look cool
Yeah, dark blue would look pretty good, at first I was thinking dark grey with light blue trim, maybe dark blue with a yellow trim?

One of my friends paints his wolves black or dark grey with yellow trim.
My fall back option is dark grey but I want them to be a fair bit different from regular ol space wolves, but thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah, dark blue would look pretty good, at first I was thinking dark grey with light blue trim, maybe dark blue with a yellow trim?:)
yea ill agree to that i aslo think the lightining strikes going through the armor would look sick on wolves models. dark blue with yellow are white lightning strikes would look sick.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of dark blue with yellow highlights. If you add lightning strikes you risk looking too night lordy. What about having some form of lightning emblem as a chapter badge? Think white scars logo with a wolf head overlayed.
This was actually my worry as well, i certainly like have some lightning/thunder (thats right, i'm gonna paint a sound) emblem, but it would look better as part of the chapter badge, rather than a general armour theme. My worry with blue with yellow highlights is a do not want to be mistaken for smurfs (i'd cry), but hopefully it won't look like them at all.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you wanna be different? very light green with hot pink trims. Also, rainbows.
As pretty god damn wonderful as that sounds (and daring), I unfortunately already have a green army, maybe a different colour, pastel blue maybe?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
you wanna be different? very light green with hot pink trims. Also, rainbows.
ill call those mexican colors, im not racist, but if you notice whenever a Mexican Family buys a house they paint it Mint Green With pale Pink Trim. or flipped with pale pink house with mint green trim.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wouldn't know. I don't know any mexican families. And I know only a few people who own houses vOv

OK, new idea. Paint them in very light blue, with green feet and yellow helmets, and some spots of white here and there. They'll look like landscapes! perfect camouflage!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts