Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i pretty much play only one guy who has a straight up orc army. So far ive only fielded a khorne berzerker army, and unfortunatly ive lost pretty much every fight. But with the new codex i have to come up with a new army. So since i have all my models geared up with bolt pistol and close combat weapon. the idea i have is to get some more marines and gear them up with ALL the gear they come with now. but still keep my existing units and keep them in large numbered squads. Basically put the units with bolters in the back and keep the ones with only bolt pistol/close combat weapon up front. so i can shoot with bolters as i advance with the others. but im looking for any sort of advice i can get. like i said i pretty much only play against orks. just for the record i have 52 basic marines, 5 terminators, 1 rhino, 1 defiler, and 1 chaos terminator lord. so please any advice is welcome.

Death to the false emporer!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can't the basic chaos trooper use both his bolt pistol/close combat weapon and bolter in the same game?

As far as chaos tactics against orks, well, there's always lash. You'd have to buy a sorcerer or two which isn't so bad since it's only two models at most. And it would be Slaanesh instead of Khorne. And, of course, I hate lash. Everyone hates lash. But it would work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Khornate army and no berzerkers?
Thats just...wow...odd.
My suggestion? Khornate armies are the one Chaos army you ca afford to make into a hoard. Drop the terminators for more rhinos, have the chaos marines count as berzerkers and give as many people as possible power fists.
The sheer volume of attacks you can put out a turn with that army, whether you charge or not, is just staggering. (rough average, 52 basic Berzerkers with three attacks each...156 attacks. without charging, without aspiring champions, without including the lord or the deflier)

Or go completely elite. Keep the terminators, have the minimum requirement for troop choices filled out with five man tank hunter squads of basic marines (rocket launchers, melta guns, plasma guns) and then get more terminators. and chosen...and possessed if you have room.

Personally I love seeing the look on someones face when you outnumber them with power armoured people.

What equipment does your defiler/Chaos lord have?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
defiler has the close combat attachment thing and reaper autocannon. and chaos lord has power weapon, termy armor, and combibolter. generally

·
Registered
24 Posts
From what I've read, the way to kill off orcs isnt to run up and start melee, where the orc armies excel, but to sit back, wait for them to run up to you, then rip them to shreds when they advance. When they get up close, chuck some khorne berserkers at them and continue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Orcs are dangerous in CC, but the last thing you want is for them to close the gap. One well timed Waagh, and suddenly they get the charge and you end up smooshed flat. Furious charge is a god send to us khornate types, but likewise the orcs use it pretty damn well.

So charge them first. they are good in CC, you are better. Thats the general gist. If you spend time shooting with your defiler thats a turn you could spend getting closer to ripping orcs into small pieces.

get a few more rhinos and show the orcs how a speed freeks army should really look.

The chaos lord? good set up, nice and adaptable to any situation.

Keep trying, use cover if you can, and don't let them get the charge.

Also, buy Kharn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts