Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2K Blood Angels list, tentatively painted as pre-Heresy :ireful2:World Eaters:ireful2::

HQ
Librarian (Blood Lance/Smite)
-combi weapon
-jump pack

HQ
Librarian (Blood Lance/Smite)
-combi weapon
-jump pack

ELITE
Sanguinary Priest
-combi melta
-LC

ELITE
Sanguinary Priest
-combi melta
-LC

ELITE
Sanguinary Priest
-combi melta
-LC

TROOPS
Assault Squad
-flamer
-melta gun
-PF
-SS

TROOPS
Assault Squad
-flamer
-melta gun
-PF
-SS

TROOPS
Assault squad
x9 Marines
-flamer
-PF
-drop pod with locator beacon

TROOPS
Assault squad
x9 Marines
-flamer
-PF

TROOPS
Assault squad
x9 Marines
-flamer
-PF

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator
-LC

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator
-LC

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator
-LC

i know BA can deep strike better than any one else in the game, but the idea is that i can get reinforcements in close enough if i need them.

i can alway switch out one drop pod for a rhino, making it so i don't have so much of my list drop podding at once, or i can send a drop pod empty.

not sure if it will work...:wacko:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Let me know how your Blood Lance/Smite combo works for ya in game play. Right now my Lib runs with Unleashed Rage and Fear of the Dark, which when I play fearless armies I change out for something else. As for your list... well I know the angels are a huge deep striking army but I still cant bring myself to deep strike reg assault marines as i have had way to many times where I have had all 10 models handed back to me from the board the same round I have brought them in and they got charged as they can not charge in after a deep strike. So my thoughts on the list being full drop are for the most part negative due to MY games. But best of luck with it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've been told that you can't combat squad and DS in, then I've also been told (by GW) that you can. If, indeed, you CAN deep strike in as combat squads (one roll for reserves, then combat squad, then two separate DS rolls for each respective squad) then this is the way forward. Drop 5 RAS with 2 meltas in, then the serg and the priest to follow up. Less risk of a mishap also.

The list is good, not sure about dual Librarian in a World Eaters force but they are solid HQs. One thing they benefit from is melta totting honour guard, gives you that FC/FNP and is a cheap option to get a priest, 3 melta guns makes sure that if your Librarian fails you have back up.

My only worry with a list like this is when you need an uber unit taking out, there is nothing throwing out enough power weapon attacks, this could be solved by grabbing a cheap captain with LCs to attach to a RAS.

BFTBG! :laugh:

Dallas

·
Registered
324 Posts
The thing i see is that you shouldnt mix special weapons. i would give one squad the two meltas and the other two flamers. but thats just me. It might not make too much difference since the range (or in this case also a template) difference isnt that big to matter too much.

i do agree with dallas_drake that you should have atleast one heavy hitter unit. Or atleast a squad with 1-2 PWs in it.

on a lighter note, libbys in a World Eaters type army? i dunno... Angron might have something to say about that. :angry: lol

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know how your Blood Lance/Smite combo works for ya in game play...still cant bring myself to deep strike reg assault marines as i have had way to many times where I have had all 10 models handed back to me from the board the same round I have brought them in and they got charged as they can not charge in after a deep strike.
and i've thought about that; the whole reason for the Libbies to have those powers is to shoot at whatever needs to be shot when they land.

My only worry with a list like this is when you need an uber unit taking out, there is nothing throwing out enough power weapon attacks, this could be solved by grabbing a cheap captain with LCs to attach to a RAS.
and there is the root of the problem; this list is very...plain...it doesn't seem to have any spectacular about it.

i've been thinking: how about Astorath, ditch the Sang Priests, and use DC? i know, expensive but still, his ability with the DC is ridiculous.

The thing i see is that you shouldnt mix special weapons. i would give one squad the two meltas and the other two flamers. but thats just me. It might not make too much difference since the range (or in this case also a template) difference isnt that big to matter too much.
i was trying to make the squads able to take on more threats.

thanks for the advise; it's 1am as i post this, so a rewrite will have to wait a day or two, but i'll see what i can come up with.

thanks to the three of you.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attempt #2

Astorath the Grim

Sanguinary Priest
-combi flamer
-LC
-JP

Sanguinary Priest
-combi flamer
-LC
-JP

Sternguard Squad
x8
-LC
-x5 combi melta
-pod

Death Company
x7
-JP
-PF

Assault squad
x10
-x2 melta
-PF

Assault squad
x10
-x2 melta
-PF

Tactical Squad
x10
-melta gun
-LCannon
-PF
-pod

Vindicator
-dozer blade
-extra armor

Vindicator
-dozer blade
-extra armor

...and of course, Astorath flies with the DC, making the number of that squad 8.

keep it coming guys! :music::cool::music:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've been told that you can't combat squad and DS in, then I've also been told (by GW) that you can. If, indeed, you CAN deep strike in as combat squads (one roll for reserves, then combat squad, then two separate DS rolls for each respective squad) then this is the way forward. Drop 5 RAS with 2 meltas in, then the serg and the priest to follow up. Less risk of a mishap also.
According to the Vanilla Marine Codex (not sure if BA work the same way) Jump pack squads can combat squad as normal and arrive in 2 seperate locations, squads in drop pods decide whether to split into combat squads when they disembark.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don't think the Vindicators have a place in this list, everything is so aggressive that you would be better with predators or dreadnoughts, plus drop pod dreads would allow you to have a mech 1st turn DS option, furiosos would do well. Likewise, the tacticals can probably just be swapped out for another assault squad with jump packs. I like the DC but get some locator beacons on the pods so they can DS in safely off them.

Dallas :gimmefive:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think the Vindicators have a place in this list, everything is so aggressive that you would be better with predators or dreadnoughts, plus drop pod dreads would allow you to have a mech 1st turn DS option, furiosos would do well. Likewise, the tacticals can probably just be swapped out for another assault squad with jump packs. I like the DC but get some locator beacons on the pods so they can DS in safely off them.
i see your point on the Vindies, but when i got done putting this together i was worried about hordes. as it is the Vindies are set up to ignore some shots and get into position, but i think i could do this with some Dreads right?

since they are fast, i move up to 12" giving the Demolisher cannon an effective range of 36".

i will, however, consider using some Dreads per your statement.

i'm going to keep the lone tactical squad though, i want to combat squad it so i can have something sitting on my home objective; the Las Cannon compoenent sits back and the rest of it pods in.

what did you think about the Sternguard? i used it to have more Marines on the board, but i do agree a Furioso could be better here as well. the main reason i'm not using a lot of assault squads is because i can only take 3 Sang Priests.

i mean, i know that i can take 9 of them, but they don't peel of into separate squads like Wolf Guard, unless i am mistaken?

thanks for the insights, Mr. Drake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts