Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm toying with a 2 wraithknight list in 1500 points, here's what I have so far:

Farseer, Jetbike: 115
-Hangs out with warp spiders, grabbing guide and 2 powers from divination (aiming for either forewarning for the wraithknight, misfortune, perfect timing for the warp spiders or war walkers and I guess precognition so the farseer can tank for the unit)

10 Dire avengers: 130
-Typical good units, aiming for mid field and hunting with warp spiders

10 Dire avengers: 130
-Because 2 is better than 1

3 Guardian Jetbikes: 51
-Reserve these guys as long as possible, then run for late game objectives in the opponents deployment area

5 rangers: 60
-Sit back on the home objective or outflank if one is near the board edge or cover is sparse

10 Warp Spiders: 190
-Jetseer sits with this unit, very fast, very deadly with guide and either perfect timing or misfortune

3 War walkers (each has 2 scatter lasers and holofields): 255
-All round murder unit :), great for getting rid of flyers, low AV vehicles and with perfect timing, anything in cover with poor armor.

Wraithknight: 240
-Plain wraithknight, hunts heavy armor/MC, plus can assult when he runs out of targets

Wraithknight, Suncannon and scatter laser: 300
-Second wraithknight, this one goes for riptides, MC's, Terminators with the twin linked suncannon, plus the scattershield isn't bad, combine with the other wraithknight for target saturation.

Total: 1471

I still have a few points left over, perhaps runes of warding for the farseer or exarchs for the Warp spiders/Dire avengers? I'm not sure,

How do you think this list will go? I'd like to be sure that it can handle my friends farsight army (2 riptides, 2 units of broadsides, some sniper kroots, rest is crisis suits) but neither do I want to make an anti-tau army.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its not a bad list: very well balanced and has some good, competitive units in it (War Walkers, Warp Spiders...). Wraithknights are very tough to kill and will be good distraction units from your Walkers and Spiders. A main issue is with the Dire Avengers. They just cannot be on foot, especially against Tau. They will get eaten up Turn 1 or 2. I recommend you either take out one Wraithknight to compensate or extend the point limit to 2000 Points. Wave Serpents are vital for your Troops. The rest of the list is actually really good. Also, your War walkers don't need Holo-fields. I run a 2000 Point Eldar List very similar to this, which is kind of why I have very little criticism :grin:.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good point, I forgot war walkers have a 5++ anyway, so that leaves me with 74 free points, not enough to start including wave serpents but most of the squads are maxed out already. Thoughts?

EDIT: I had a thought, a spiritseer! That way I can add runes of battle (and laugh if I get renew!!) and he can sit with the Dire avengers, thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts