Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
grot rigger why is it useless on kan n squandruant +4 save on my shooting phase immobilize negated if it dont work on the kans then y they put it on the war gear section to buy it [that telling me machine spirit on rino's n razor backs cant work that is sort of sarcasm just wondering tho thats all

so here's the list
thrakka
2]amo runt

mek
shok att gun
burna[for power weapon wise]or pk depending on wat i want the day
eavy arm
ammo runt
att squid
cybork bod
grot oiler[x2

troops
num 1)deff dread[mek]
drd ccwx2
cust meg blasta
scorcha
arm plate[here where i play lot of shooting going on]
grot rig

num 2)30 boys
x2]big shootas
x1]roka luanchas
shootas
nobs
pk
eavy arm
boss pole [is a must] as its says n the codex each time a unit with a boss poll fail a moral test u may choose to inflict wounds on that unit in order to reroll that moral test [NOTE IT SAY EACH TIME A UNIT WITH A BOSS POLE FAIL[EACH TIME] NOT WHEN A UNIT ] SRRY HEHEH till new codex come out go by wat the codex says with the eception on the dakka - gun :p:victory::wacko::headbutt::hang1::crazy: cuase everyone know that :grin:

num 3)30 boys
shootas
2 big shootas
1 rkt Lcha
nob
pk
bp
eavy arm

num 4)30 boys
big shootas
slug n choppa
nob]
pk
eavy arm
boss pole
eavy arm
boss pole

num 5)30 boys
2}big shootas
slug n choppa
nob
pk
bp
eavy arm

num 6)30 boys
2 big shootas
nob
bp
eavy arm
pk

heavy
deff dread
x2)ccw
x1)cust meg blasta
x1)scorchas
arm plts
grt rigs

3 kill kan
1)big shootas
1)scorchas
1)grotzooka
arm plt
grot rig[here wat i dont under stand if u cant use these on the kan y did they put it on the war gear section to buy it n it says +4 save to negate imobile lize on the ork shooting phase now i know we orkas not gonna shoot us self on our turn well give or take a two :headbutt::wacko::crazy::(
n i know its a squaduant {grr late n middle of nite cant spell blah]

3 killa kans
1]big shootas
1)scorchas
1)grotzookas
arm plt
grot riggers

i remember someone said ill lose if i played foot slogger n nvr win. To me im old fashion, srry just aint orks if u not playing horde army.
so i told him u one sided u power play all the time to arragant.The game ment to b fun ,so i went out to studie the book n look on the sites. Then i google winning list tournament for ork ,n that when i found 1 that won ard boys tourn 1500, n it was a foot slogger list,n i said wow this is wat i wanted.So i base this off that list n added to it for the 2100 tourny down here where i live so far i won 4-0 I play it to edge of the line if i win the toss [if he dont steel the nish]i walk 6" n run first turn,some i sit back[total of 2 squads to shoot rest move forward as much as posibile. Got so mny boys not much wrry bout the shooting that y i dont play anything plus 4 save useless long range weapons u cant save against most of them round two im move forward 6 auto 6 run ork ah hah thrakka the prophet FEARLESS charge att n ur face stile heheh n u gonna run back im gonna shoot u any way with long range n yes i hav run against an army that did that n still got him srry just tire of peeps sayn boys is not the way to go but feel free to comment

oh by the way orks nver lose they always win cuase they live to fight another day to fight again WWWWWAAAAARGGHHH:laugh::p:shok::victory::grin::eek:k::):scratchhead::headbutt:

·
Registered
84 Posts
You only want one Kan to have grot riggers and that should be the last kan standing in the unit but so long as they are in a squad the riggers dont work.

Im a bit lost on what you mean with the boss pole i know how it works but it seems like your trying to say something else.

Hored armys do work if used right but at the same time well built competive armys will crush them with out much effort.

As far as ur list gose i would drop the 2nd dread for 3 more kans and switch out the Sag for a KFF so you can give ur Kans cover Also haveing the oilers and attack squig are not nesasary on the mek give him cybork burna and KFF that is all he needs.

Ur Kans should have all the same guns and skorcas kind of negate why ur useing kans (high BS) get 3 with grot zookas and 6 with rockits.

Ur nobs in the boyz units only need BP and PK evey armor is kind of a waiste.

This army could really use lootas to help beef up ur anti meck.

If you are going to keep the dreads the best set up for them is 3DCCW and skorca riggers and plates.

·
4,491 Posts
Your list is VERY hard to read.

As far as i can work out, your better off running a KFF on your Big Mek, and 3x3 Kans.
Drop something else for some Lootas.

If your running Slugga Boyz, dont upgrade their weapons. You want to be running EVERY turn, not shooting.

If you want to run Slugga Boyz on foot...

30 Boyz
- Nob
- PK
- BP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boss pole in the codex

here is wat it says in the codex
ork nobz often have a trophy pole, a metal jaw, or some other signs of their status that shows they are not to mess with .A nob with a boss pole finds it comes in handy when restoring dissaplin to his mob.EACH TIME a unit with a bosspole fails a morale test you may choose to inflick a wound on that unit(not on the model with the bosspole ) in order to reroll that morale test .

rule book says u cant reroll a reroll
notice it says each time a unit fails
i just want a clarifacation on this cuase it definatly says each time a unit w/bp fails a morale test
not when a unit fail
this is what the codex says
i do have lootas on my other list like this
n for the +4 save on nobs makes the squad a complex unit diferent save just read this on this site n read it in the rule book like hm kool
30 boys three big gun like i said hold 2 squads back for shooting
like for the nid genesteelers like come board flankn somtime i hold 1 unit n reserves
but thx for the info i will try it out n c if it work any info better than no info:goodpost::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Your post are very difficult to read the incomplete sentences and spelling make understanding your post difficult so you may not get many responses. Perhaps you should wait to post up your army list instead of late at night when you are tired.

If you have any questions about rules we do have a rules area where you can ask all of your rules questions and people will be happy to discuss and debate the answers. You can check it out here Rules Section .

THe reason most ork horde armies do not do well in tournaments isn't that they are not good it is just they take a long time to move all those models and they are slow to react to so enemy elements. So fewer turns are taken in a tournament with horde armies that can't move fast. The run rule allows the horde army to move faster so they are a little better in tournaments.

Now on to your quesitons the bosspole can be used several times to retake moral test. The bosspole lets you retake the moral test because you have to inflict a wound on a boy in the squad. If he fails his armor save then he is killed. You can keep taking the test until just the Nob is left in the squad. So you are not rerolling a a reroll you are taking a new moral test every time you use the bosspole even if it is in the same turn.

Now to your list the big thing that sticks out for me is why Thrakka and now a regular warboss? THrakka walking is a big points sink that is going to get killed before he even gets close to the enemy. Other than his waaagh ability he is going to be useless walking up the board. His mega-armors slow and purposeful rule makes him a sitting duck for your opponent. Also he is a CC monster why give him ammo runts to shot with? points could be better spent else where.
The big mek has to much junk on him if he is to be sitting back firing his SAG more points that could be spent elsewhere.
Your killa kans and boys mobs why the different weapons. I have found that if you take anything arm the squad all the same way. So take all the same big shoota, rokkits or whatever. Don't mix and match it makes the unit less effective they are best tooled up all the same.
As King of Cheese pointed out as well if you are going to run your mob of sluggas drop the special weapons. You want them running not shooting and they can't run if they are going to stop and shoot.
As tinytim84 pointed out heavy armor on your nob is a waste because the rules go off of majority of armor value so until the mob of 30 is down to the nob he won't get to use that armor.
The killa kan, deff dread army is very good but you have to know how it works and how to play it. So good luck and happy gaming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You know I read the Ork Codex and play Orks but until you just mentioned it I didn't realize that you can keep wounding boyz using a Nob with a BP until you restore order.

I had thought that you rerolled only once and didn't realize I could keep taking wounds.

That changes some things...:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yes

Your post are very difficult to read the incomplete sentences and spelling make understanding your post difficult so you may not get many responses. Perhaps you should wait to post up your army list instead of late at night when you are tired.

If you have any questions about rules we do have a rules area where you can ask all of your rules questions and people will be happy to discuss and debate the answers. You can check it out here Rules Section .

THe reason most ork horde armies do not do well in tournaments isn't that they are not good it is just they take a long time to move all those models and they are slow to react to so enemy elements. So fewer turns are taken in a tournament with horde armies that can't move fast. The run rule allows the horde army to move faster so they are a little better in tournaments.

Now on to your quesitons the bosspole can be used several times to retake moral test. The bosspole lets you retake the moral test because you have to inflict a wound on a boy in the squad. If he fails his armor save then he is killed. You can keep taking the test until just the Nob is left in the squad. So you are not rerolling a a reroll you are taking a new moral test every time you use the bosspole even if it is in the same turn.

Now to your list the big thing that sticks out for me is why Thrakka and now a regular warboss? THrakka walking is a big points sink that is going to get killed before he even gets close to the enemy. Other than his waaagh ability he is going to be useless walking up the board. His mega-armors slow and purposeful rule makes him a sitting duck for your opponent. Also he is a CC monster why give him ammo runts to shot with? points could be better spent else where.
The big mek has to much junk on him if he is to be sitting back firing his SAG more points that could be spent elsewhere.
Your killa kans and boys mobs why the different weapons. I have found that if you take anything arm the squad all the same way. So take all the same big shoota, rokkits or whatever. Don't mix and match it makes the unit less effective they are best tooled up all the same.
As King of Cheese pointed out as well if you are going to run your mob of sluggas drop the special weapons. You want them running not shooting and they can't run if they are going to stop and shoot.
As tinytim84 pointed out heavy armor on your nob is a waste because the rules go off of majority of armor value so until the mob of 30 is down to the nob he won't get to use that armor.
The killa kan, deff dread army is very good but you have to know how it works and how to play it. So good luck and happy gaming.

yes but the rule states that wounds goes by wound allocation right majority dont count then so it complex unit ,but i do understand wat u talking bout i play mostly with out +4 save cuase it suks n dont save against anything anyway i was experimenting this list so far its working just lil tweeking

but i play my thrakka n a 30 man boys always and i never play him in the opening and i run him to get the free 6 move and make all boys fearless and if he is getting shot at then he is doing his job and its becuase he is slow n purpose that why he have ammo runt with combo shooting in that squad with his big shootas so i have 3 big shootas n the squad,and i use the 2 big shootas and 1 rok luanchas for crowd control n anti tank since rok want usually hit and i try running the warboss and never work out for me he died to mny time n ran to

i run my shootas like a marine with bolters 2 shot each 18 " and i only have two squads of them rest run,and sometimes i keep one squad in reserves to keep them pesky squad of genesteelers flanking in so they come in and i come in i then shoot the mess out of them that why i have the shootas for cuase at my store poeple play tyranids i hate tyranids

as for having the 2 bs and 1 rok in the slug n chop in case i lose the roll to start or i lose to the nish roll when i won the roll to start .

i was trying to make a list that will deal with going to take you on when i won the roll to start or when i lose to the roll to start or he steels the nish

kan wat really like,i was trying to c wat i like the best n the squad i like the scorchas cuase of the str 5 dam n grotzookas big shootas got enuf of them
and thx for the info on the kans

dreads i like same with them as the kan seeing wat works better found that scorchas ,mega blasta works for em , so im gonna keep the skorchas n adding the ccw

big mek like the shok att gun but i 'm gonna to give him burna for power wep ability n case he does get n combat and cybork cuase at my store there is a lot of shooting at this guy +5 better than 6 any day will this fix the mek better

i dont care if it take to long to put them on the board and getn across the board oh well too mny to hit, but got armies that kill you and that will maw you heheh but it a fun game

thx for the info now im gonna tweek this list c how it does n the tournament
with yalls info

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think he's just trying to type Orky!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup im typing orky

I think he's just trying to type Orky!
that who i am an ork player who who talks orkish started playing them im starting to talk like them hm hm ha hm ...........WWWWWAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH:goodpost::music::aggressive::sarcastichand::cool::suicide::giggle::alcoholic::mrgreen::laugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
English please.
Winning response :biggrin:

Anyways, footslogger hoardes are good against some armies, but it has more glaring weakness than its strength. Maybe you're playing against enemies with low model counts and a non-competitive build, so you can prolly kick their butts with the huge number of boys you got there. It's a no brainer. :grin:

But anyways enough of the insulting, i guess mouser is prolly just a 10-12 year old kid...or is he? :shok:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had thought that you rerolled only once and didn't realize I could keep taking wounds.

That changes some things...:cool:
You don't keep taking wounds. You can only do it once, the rules say you cannot re-roll a re-roll. So you take one wonud in order to re-roll the leadership and if you fail then tough luck, you cannot keep re-rolling and taking wounds as it's against the rule; you cannot re-roll a a re-roll!

As for the list; it's completely screwed up in layout and units. I'll write a more better list tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boss Pole

yes,you are right. You can't reroll a reroll. Read the boss pole, in the codex [each time you fail a morale] you start a new morale test each time [not when] and no I'm not playing with perves,that are low count armies. I'm playing against alot of competitive players at the store that i play at, who goes to the Ard-Boyz tourney . age has HAS no significant on anything i say or print out or type o.My age is hmmm ............I'll let yall decide.

OH players that played the game since it started.[Age from 30 to 70 years of age],but im here to have fun and to play the game like a kid ya'll have fun now

·
Registered
670 Posts
NO I don't think it works let that. When you fail the morale test you re-roll, you cannot re-roll again but it's the same test which you have failed. It's not a seperate test each time. You can only re-roll it once.

I didn't say you was playing with perves (?) and I didn't say who you was playing with wasn't competitve, and as for your age I don't really care, tbh ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts