Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good US or online locations in the US that you can pick up sheets of foamboard at? I'm looking for different thicknesses like 1mm, 3mm, 5mm, etc...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I can't confirm thicknesses, but my local Wal-Mart does carry white foamboard in the craft department. I usually just ask the local buisnesses about it. I get lots of foamboard and plasticard free this way. I just pick up their marketing signage after it's no longer needed or their promotions have ended.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Home depot or Lowels ... or any big hardware store sells insulation foam (pink or blue foam) for home insulating. This is the most common foam used for table modding and it comes in a range of thickness and even shapes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that I know of, what i'm looking for is the foamboard, which is a heavy "cardstock" (for lack of a better word) sandwiched with a dense foam between. It's used for structures mostly in modelling (houses, barricades, and such). Where the pink foam is more used for hills and things.

·
Registered
250 Posts
your local wally-world here in the U.S. is one of the best places for foam board. it is the 5mm type and is avalable in different colors at most. hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
that I know of, what i'm looking for is the foamboard, which is a heavy "cardstock" (for lack of a better word) sandwiched with a dense foam between. It's used for structures mostly in modelling (houses, barricades, and such). Where the pink foam is more used for hills and things.
You can get that at a Walmart, Target (stores of that nature).

You can also get it at staples, Office Max or any office supply store. It's usually referred to as Presentation Board, and usually have it different colors and thickness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts