1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
the paint job looks good, they look more falling than flying, though!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Great painting as usual on these babies! I feel that the three on the left on the second photo could do with being a bit higher up or angled upwards and less parallel to the floor. Mind you, I'm awful. Keep up the immense work and pay no heed to me.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Very nice painting odin! I'd rep you but I can't yet so I'll give you some as soon as the 24 hours that I need to wait is over :p

Again, brilliant painting. I like the tone of green you've painted them in instead of the GW way of Snot Green (your way looks much nicer).

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't worry, I know how it feels to have my Assault Marines spat on too *cough cough* but the paintjob does wonders for it.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
nice paint job,though not keen on the green colour,i think the chips on the armour are too large and obvious,love the free hand on the flames and chapter badges, and as others have pointed out the poses could be better, though i get the feeling you tried to make them unique but started to struggle after doing the first 5, i had the same problem when i was commisioned to do a guys black templars, he wanted every marine to be different but at the end of the day there is only so much you can do with whats on the sprue.
I think some of the poses could be solved with a longer rod and getting them more upright, but then you run into TLOS issues so its hard to work out whats best.
Either way have some rep

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Your metals look dull but your armour looks incredible and so do the insignias and flames.

BTW, dodgy posing. No one's asked this but were you given them like that or did you make them?

EDIT: I just noticed the mold lines...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These poses are mine. I was commissioned to make them each individual, and a little more dynamic than normal assault units, but I am honestly very surprised to see how little people here care for them.

Ironically, I think I might have gotten more rep out of this post than my Abaddon. So, mixed signals there.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I like the painting as usual, and i actually like the poses quite a lot, however i think they would all look better if the horizontal guys were on longer rods.

The sergeant especially has a cool 'flying over the battlefield, pointing out targets look' but it's lost a little bit when he is the same height as the knees of another guy who appears to be touching down.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I actually like everything about them. They are going to be placed next to models they are attacking... WTF should they be flying? You did it just right, they look like they are coming in for the kill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts