Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ)
Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash, Wings (155 Points)

Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash, Jump Pack (145 points)

Troops)
6x Noise Marines, Champ, Power Weapon, Doom Siren, Melta Bombs, 6x Sonic Blaster, Rhino (235 points)

6x Noise Marines, Champ, Power Weapon, Doom Siren, Melta Bombs, 6x Sonic Blaster, Rhino (235 points)

Fast Attack)
8x Chaos Raptors, Mark of Slaanesh, Champ, Pair of Lightning Claws, 2x Flamers (230 points)

Heavy Support
2x Obliterators (150 points)

Chaos Predator, Heavy Bolter sponsons, Extra Armour (115 points)

1500 exactly

The sorcerer will fly with my Raptors and perhaps sometimes will be Deepstriking in. They seem to make a decent assault unit. If I am understanding how Lash works they effectively have a huge assault range.

Daemon Prince Lashes things. I'm going to have to learn how to use him properly. I have never played Lash before and in fact in a year of playing 40k have never played against it.

Noise Marines look solid on paper to me. Any advice on using them? Blastmasters seem cool, how are they often incorporated?

Raptors...Well I have the models, I better use them. They will fly with the sorcerer. He will move infantry out of cover and then the group will assault them.

Obliterators do their thing to lashed whatever.

The predator is probably the most redundant unit in this list but I didn't really have any long range anti infantry. I suspect this might get cut in favor of something else but I like the model.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
151 Posts
For your Noise Marines i would suggest a set up like this (sorry i've copy/pasted a comment that i've done on a previous thread but im a bit in hurry now! XD)

6 NMs
-1 Sonic B, 1 Blastmaster
-Rhino
TOT 200 pts

general set up for camper units; only 2 people can fire out of the rhino, that's the cause of 1SB and 1BM, usually this squad don't leave it unless it will be destroyed.

6 NMs
-2 Sonic B, Champ w/ Pfist, Doom Siren, Personal Icon
-Rhino
TOT 230

general set up for CC units; Pfist is for MCs/tanks/IC hunting (and you don't whant to being locked in CC with something you can't defeat), icon in case you need to deepstrike oblits; usually i run 2 of this squad at 8man strong for more CC impact but i see your point on fluff.
In a 1500 game i always run 1 camper squad and 2 CC squads as i suggested before.

With these changes you should be able to spare some pts and mabye dropping the pread for another 2 oblits, but if you whant to keep the pread i suggest DP, you always whant to keep shooting.

Raptors are fine, i don't use them often but your CC set up is pretty good.

If you have the pts swap the sorc for another prince, is only 10 pts more but way more effective.

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Looks good! I might make the NM squads a bit bigger, if you still want to be at 1,500 points, check this out:

9 NMs, SB, champ w/ Doom siren, Rhino

9 NMs, 8 SB, champ w/ Doom siren and PF, rhino

Hpoe this helps! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is initiative 5 really not all that useful? It seems like a lot of people use Power Fists on their Noise Champions rather than the Initiative five striking Power Weapon. Or does the chance of being stuck in combat with something you can't kill just out way it?

I was going way to heavy on the sonic weaponry. Squads this small would be in trouble outside of their rhinos. Two sonic weapons make sense.

And speaking of squad size. Because of fluff I am going to keep them at 6 man. I know it's probably keeping them fragile but I am going to give it a try.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HQ)

Troops)
6x Noise Marines, Sonic Blaster, Blastmaster, Rhino (200 points)

6x Noise Marines, Champ, Power Fist, Doom Siren, Personal Icon, 2x Sonic Blaster, Rhino (230 points)

6x Noise Marines, Champ, Power Fist, Doom Siren, Personal Icon, 2x Sonic Blaster, Rhino (230 points)

Fast Attack)
8x Chaos Raptors, Mark of Slaanesh, Champ, Pair of Lightning Claws, 2x Flamers (230 points)

Heavy Support

Chaos Vindicator, Daemonic Possession (145 points)

I swapped the Predator for a Vindicator. Do you think it would work better as another team of Obliterators.

A termicide squad? Terminators!

·
Registered
151 Posts
2nd list is way better, but i'd go with oblits instead of the vindie, they works better.

I really don't like termicide squads, i think that is a kind of waste of a good unit; in my opinion terminators works good in a higher pts games (2000/2500 pts) if you're going to take termies i suggest something like:

5 Chaos Terminators
-Icon of Slaanesh, 4 Lighting Claws, 1 Chainfists, Heavy Flamer
-Land Rider w/ Extra Armour

this unit is a lot of pts, but is great in CC and can deal with everything.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well sem, you're right. This vindicator stinks. Maybe I don't really know how to play a lash list yet but it doesn't seem to benefit from it as much as oblits do.

I noticed is my Daemon Prince draws a lot of fire early. I think I need some more reach to take some pressure off him. Again, oblits to the rescue.

I also had some trouble with tanks (transports especially) today. Could I outfit my raptors with meltas and use them as a tank hunters? Has anyone had success with this?

HQ)

Troops)
6x Noise Marines, Sonic Blaster, Blastmaster, Rhino (200 points)

Fast Attack)
5x Chaos Raptors, Mark of Slaanesh, Champ, Power Fist, 2x Meltaguns (165 points)

Heavy Support

Thats 1425 points. Perhaps another Obliterator?

·
Registered
941 Posts
lookin good! maybe spend the last points on an oblit, or 7 lesser daemons, or even 2 spawn if your opponent'll let you go 5 pts over!:eek:k:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also had some trouble with tanks (transports especially) today. Could I outfit my raptors with meltas and use them as a tank hunters? Has anyone had success with this?
Melta Raptors works worst than Flamer Raptors, but if you whant to take them keep them cheap, 2 meltas and no champ.
Anyway instead i'd go with 5/6 choosen with 4/5 meltas in a rhino, outflank and pop heavy stuff or some wounds on MCs; they work better IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts