Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks to those of you who posted help on my other salamanders list. This time around I'm thinking a pure drop pod assault army. Having never used pods however I was looking for thoughts on trying to keep it playable with a bit of fluff.

Vulkan he'stan

Librarian-extra mastery level

Command squad-Apothecary, 4x Flamer, drop pod

Ironclad dreadnought-drop pod

Sternguard squad-5x combi-melta, drop pod

Tactical squad-multi-melta, Flamer, vet sergeant w/thunder hammer, drop pod

Stormtalon gunship-twin linked lascannon

Stormtalon gunship

1995 points (Maybe a lucky character will get Melta bombs)

So with drop pod assault I figure the alpha strike consists of the dread and sternguard aiming for tanks/heavy infantry while the command squad plus vulkan and librarian (or both) and one tactical squad aim for infantry blobs and such.

After that the tactical squads drop either on objectives or wherever needs bolstering. I know most people will disagree with the thunder hammers but it's one of my favourite bits of fluff for the salamanders. Maybe drop them from one squad and use them for objectives a long way from the likelihood of close combat.

The stormtalons are fairly obvious, one goes tank hunting with its lascannons while the other uses it's bolters/assault cannons to chew up infantry/light armour. That being said they're my least favourite part of the list, I know flyers are pretty much mandatory these days but with the salamanders back story I think any kind of flyer/skimmer/jump infantry should be kept to a minimum purely for fluff reasons.

Any help would be grand.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts