Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to do something different for my chaos marines. I wanted to paint Iron warriors but I think they are pretty cool. I know the list is not that good but at least is fluffy

Chaos lord 125
Power fist, combi-melta

5 choosen 190
5 melta guns, Rhino with extra armor

Dreadnought 100
Missle launcher,multi-melta

11 chaos marines 245
champ with a fist, melta gun, lascannon, icon of chaos glory

11 chaos marines 245

11 chaos marines 245

11 chaos marines 245

Vindicator 155
Daemonic possession, combi melta

Predator 150
Lascannon sponsons, daemonic possession

Predator 150

·
Registered
151 Posts
wanted to do something different for my chaos marines. I wanted to paint Iron warriors but I think they are pretty cool. I know the list is not that good but at least is fluffy

Chaos lord 125
Power fist, combi-melta
Not a fan of lords, instead take a DP with wings and warptime, it don't break you fluff and is far more effective for only 30 pts more

5 choosen 190
5 melta guns, Rhino with extra armor
good, mabye drop EA and a melta (4 is enough for taking care of a tank)

Dreadnought 100
Missle launcher,multi-melta
i really don't like shooting dreads, i'll lose it and spend the pts for something else

11 chaos marines 245
good for a camper unit, but at least 2 squads need mobility for contesting objects; keep 2 squads as they are now (mabye drop 1 CSM for spare some pts) and make the other 2 with double melta in a Rhino (mobility is the key). I always recommends 1 rhino for every squad if you have the pts, and it fits the IW mech theme

11 chaos marines 245
same as above

11 chaos marines 245
same as above

11 chaos marines 245
same as above

Vindicator 155
Daemonic possession, combi melta
take off the conbi-melta for sparing some pts

Predator 150
not bad, but with the same pts you can take 2 oblits, i always prefer oblits as HS but it depends on you. Oh, and oblits are fluffy too.

Predator 150
same as above

Just some suggestions, I have a friend that sometimes run IW and it works pretty good without losing the fluff.

Hope this helps, good luck!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
good ideas suggested, though i'm not against taking the Chaos Lord over a DP. on this list, i would prefer a Lord, but i'd give him MoT to give him a better save.

the CSM squad set up you have is not good. a heavy weapon plus a special weapon is not the best combo.

and while Sem's ideas are solid, it seems you're going of LC spam. take Devastators if you're going to do that, though Oblits would be just as good.

i would change the Dread configuration to a HF and CCW's.

good hunting.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You got an immobile heavy weapon and an extremely shortrange special weapon which works against each other. At least change the meltagun to a plasmagun.

If I should suggest something without changeing your setup to much I would make 2 CSM squads with lc/plasmagun and another two with twin meltaguns in rhinos.

For the dread I would find the points for a tllc. Complements the missile launcher better and makes for a better shooty dread if thats what you want.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I am staying with the dreadnought in the list since I bought the Iron Warriors dreadnought off forgeworld.

Sem- i do agree oblits are fluffy but I'm going to custom make my own oblits. the ones they have are simply horrible and would never buy them. after they are finished I will take your advice

inquisitor- I do like the lord in this list more but I can't bear the thought of giving him a mark. it would just bug me more than anything

I'm thinking about dropping two marines switching a lascannon to a melta gun. so I can get a rhino for one of the units.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
inquisitor- I do like the lord in this list more but I can't bear the thought of giving him a mark. it would just bug me more than anything
fair enough, but the line of thinking that having a Chaos mark for any of the gods means that you're a devotee of that god is silly.

what if he has the equivalent of an Iron Halo or some really well built armor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts