Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyranids are so hated it states in the blood angel codex they teamed up with necrons to kill them. Even eldar join up with there xenophobic neighbors the space marine. Is there any other insane match ups the tyranids have caused

·
Registered
390 Posts
There's a thread on here somewhere called "tau what noobs" that makes reference to when a sept world was attacked by a hive fleet but necrons emerged from the moon and destroyed them. Then the necrons descended down to the planet where the ethereal welcomed them. The planet was harvested quickly...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
There's a thread on here somewhere called "tau what noobs" that makes reference to when a sept world was attacked by a hive fleet but necrons emerged from the moon and destroyed them. Then the necrons descended down to the planet where the ethereal welcomed them. The planet was harvested quickly...
thats what we called a nec win

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't think that would be considered a "team-up" unless the battle was taken to the ground, but it very well might have been.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts

What a damn fail... :laugh:

·
Registered
125 Posts
^That would be Hive Fleet Gorgan (075902.m41)^
Hive ships separate from the main body of the Hive Fleet Gorgan and descend upon the Tau colony of Ka'mais. Bitter fighitng erupts as a fleet of Necron starships unexpectedly emerges from Ka'mais' dead moon. The outnumbered Tyrranid ships are destroyed...but yeh what you said lol

Then the necrons start to harvest ka'mais lol
"where saved!!...nope we are screwed."

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I don't know any specific instances, but it does seem that I have heard of at least a couple of instances where Eldar have teamed up with other races to fight of a tyranid invasion or two.

·
Registered
328 Posts
^That would be Hive Fleet Gorgan (075902.m41)^
Hive ships separate from the main body of the Hive Fleet Gorgan and descend upon the Tau colony of Ka'mais. Bitter fighitng erupts as a fleet of Necron starships unexpectedly emerges from Ka'mais' dead moon. The outnumbered Tyrranid ships are destroyed...but yeh what you said lol

Then the necrons start to harvest ka'mais lol
"where saved!!...nope we are screwed."
The necron actually outnumbered the tyranid ships? Poor bastards didn't stand a chance.

·
Unforgiven
689 Posts
When tyranids do show up, they are usually in enough numbers to be a problem that warrants them to be "the greater threat" than any given conflict on going at the time.
Any instance when two factions don't stop fighting when the tyranids show up more than likely results in everyone being devoured.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Tyranids, next to Necrons, are one the largest threats to the Imperium, and the galaxy. Their numbers and strength are sufficient to overwhelm the various factions if they don't take the pragmatic option. In addition, they're fairly abhorrent and/or scary to most factions from what I recall, disrupting psykers, angering Chaos, being living, angering Necrons, Imperium is no-brainer, Eldar don't want the other races to fall to Tyranids as they'll be next, etc., etc.

Very easy to see why they're picked on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tyranids, next to Necrons, are one the largest threats to the Imperium, and the galaxy. Their numbers and strength are sufficient to overwhelm the various factions if they don't take the pragmatic option. In addition, they're fairly abhorrent and/or scary to most factions from what I recall, disrupting psykers, angering Chaos, being living, angering Necrons, Imperium is no-brainer, Eldar don't want the other races to fall to Tyranids as they'll be next, etc., etc.

Very easy to see why they're picked on.
I say they ARE the biggest threat, because they're not waiting they're invading and devouring more worlds than Necrons have. Tyranids are more like that growing Teen that's eating you out of house and home, and Necrons are grumpy old men.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Yet more nid bashing. You know, they eat when they`re upset. It`s no bloody wonder!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I say they ARE the biggest threat, because they're not waiting they're invading and devouring more worlds than Necrons have. Tyranids are more like that growing Teen that's eating you out of house and home, and Necrons are grumpy old men.
I say they are a huge threat as well. Hive Fleet Megalodon is still crushing world after world. Megalodon was a small break off of Kraken, now its a large Hive Fleet of its own. Leviathan has reached far in the impeirum as well.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Chaos is the biggest threat to the imperium, as far as we know the daemonic legions outnumber the tyranids 10 to 1, the orks are also a massive threat that could overrun the imperium if they stop fighting each other.

The imperium is made up of billion of worlds, tyranid fleets tend to cause a dent every few hundred years then fizzle out, orks and chaos are a constant threat.

Think of tyranids as a flash flood, their rare but cause quite a bit of devestation when they occur. Chaos, orks and other threats are more akin to a raging river that has to be constantly monitored and guarded against or would cause devestation

Don't get me wrong the hive fleets are dangerous but we can't say they are going to eat the universe, for all we know the tyranids are all but extinct.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree that Tyrnaids are a vey big threat to the Imperium but I think that Necrons overpower them. Tyranids use biologically based weaponry to kill other living things, the necrons are made ov metal and therefore most ov their ranged weapons are useless.

I've heard from a friend ov mine that he read that some tyranid hive ships have veered away from a planet just because there was Necron activity there.

Someone suggested this to me, "What if two tyranid fleets invaded a planet? Would they fight each other?" i don't think they would because they are controlled by the Hive Mind; even though different HQ has a link to it, it is still shared throughout them. What do you think?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've heard from a friend ov mine that he read that some tyranid hive ships have veered away from a planet just because there was Necron activity there
now you have caught my attention. If you could post some info on this^ i would enjoy reading it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I will if I see him again. But it sounds reasonable. If you go to a planet to harvest all life on, don't go to the one covered with robots!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts