Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Curmudgeon
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm old and I'm not happy... [Begin Rant]

Here lately, not just on this forum but in life as well, I've seen a lot of floating butthurt going around. It floors me just how sensitive the world has become in the 30 odd years I've lived in it. All the feelings people suddenly have that are so fragile that the slightest thing will shatter them into a billion pieces and utterly destroy their sense of self. And this is just in the last 30 years!

For fuck sake, the world has become a mine field of volatile emotions. Don't say something truthful, you might upset him. Don't talk about something that might be considered mean, she won't know how to handle it. Don't let on that they are not outstanding people, it will ruin their self esteem.

I'm frankly disgusted by it all. I seriously am. People are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't understand there is an entire WORLD beyond the end of their noses and that the world might not give two shits about them.

Case in point. I work with a bunch of 40+ year old high school kids. What does that mean? It means that most of the people (whom I supervise on a daily basis) act like our workplace is a high school. There are clicks, groups, egos, and more butthurt than one can look at without going blind. What makes it even more sad is that most of my subordinates are retired military. It's like 20 years working for Uncle Sam just vanished from their minds. Suddenly they don't know how to show up to work on time, can't be bothered to do their jobs right, but I'm the asshole if I actually do MY job and correct them. It's truly draining.

I say all of this to ask this. Who else is actually sick (as I am) of the butthurt? Who else here has a pair (either testicles or breasticles) and knows that life isn't the happy place the rest of the idiots on Earth seem to want it to be? I'd like to know because I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only one that feels that this world is getting weak as fuck...

Who's with me?!

[Rant Over]

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
With you all the way!

People today are just itching to be offended by something, its almost like they lay in wait for it. No one is willing to take responsibility for themselves and the whole world is turning into a haven for the terminally retarded. I wish some people would just reach the level of stupid required to think sleeping face down in a puddle is a good idea, only then some fuckwit would stick a sign up telling them not to.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I agree with you. Someone said something offensive? Be offended and then get on with your fucking day.

·
The Curmudgeon
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You make a good point and I'll raise you another rant, norm. Why is it that common sense, something that I still have after years of being surrounded by morons, has gone the way of the dinosaurs?! Are people so stupid that you need a sign to tell you that something is stupid and you might not want to do it? I have a shredder here at work that has a "no babies" symbol on it. WHO THE FUCK WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THIS?!!!

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
I'm not the world's biggest fan of conspiracy theories, I think pretty much all of them are bullshit and the few that have any merit still need a lot of work.

BUT, I am beginning to think there is some sort of crap going on with the general dumbing down of society. Crap like the X factor, TOWIE, My Life with Peter Andrey and the like have me genuinely worried about the state of the world today, what are we giving kids to aspire to?

Why does a bag of mixed nuts need a warning on it that it contains nuts?
Does bleach really need a sign on it telling you not to drink it?
Do I need a help line number at the end of every soap on TV just in case I've been affected by any of the issues raised?

Stupidity offends me, people so thick they require every aspect f their lives to be coated in high visibility paint, warning labels and help line numbers just in case that particular shade of day-glo yellow has made them think of something other than fluffy bunny rabbits.

·
The Curmudgeon
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The control of information isn't a conspiracy, norm, it's a proven fact. People control information to control the masses. People are, for lack of a better word, sheep and are easily led to damnation by one or two smart people. Sad to say I've run the social experiment before (because I'm a dick) and have inspired desired reactions simply by controlling information.

Most people want to be force feed drivel because they don't want to think. That's too hard for them. They want information handed to them in an entertaining fashion and it MUST be spun in such a way as to make them feel good (and make my IQ drop 3 point per second).

I use sarcasm and wit as weapons against stupidity, norm, and I recommend you do as well.

·
For Da Boss
2,156 Posts
You make a good point and I'll raise you another rant, norm. Why is it that common sense, something that I still have after years of being surrounded by morons, has gone the way of the dinosaurs?! Are people so stupid that you need a sign to tell you that something is stupid and you might not want to do it? I have a shredder here at work that has a "no babies" symbol on it. WHO THE FUCK WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THIS?!!!
boy do i know how this feels, im constantly told i was born in the wrong generation, its amazing how far you can go with a little bit of commonsense.

and im with you, people get far to offended these days, maybe thats why they have started making fun of the sloths on facebook and the likes......

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
A few thoughts for you.

I'm honestly not sure if it's worth getting worked up about. Unless we're getting into a nature/nurture discussion, I think we have a comparable percentage of dummies to the rest of history. If we don't it's only off because we have more people, and access to education is highly uneven. In hard numbers, there are probably more thoughtful, kind, and decent people alive at this time than at any point in history.

As one of my city fathers once famously wrote, "common sense is hardly common." It was true then, and several centuries on, it is true now. People occupying their time with petty concerns is hardly news. If statue, maturity, and self possession were easy everyone would be doing it. And to obtain Buddhist enlightenment wouldn't be the highest level of progress and the goal within a religion/philosophy and it wouldn't be much of an accomplishment.

And as for conspiracy theories, always apply two checks:
1) is the victim of the conspiracy theory being somehow aggrandized? Almost all conspiracy theories at their heart focus on the supposed victim, and make them more important.
2) apply Hanlon's razor, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Oh, the silly disclaimers. Those don't exist so much because users are foolish enough to do the things they warn about (yes, yes I know some few are that foolish) but they exist much more broadly to protect the companies producing those goods from frivolous and ridiculous law suits.

Discuss.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Both those forms are pure gold and should be forwarded to anybody who had some anal bleeding from the Termie thread.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Saved the forms and printed out a few copies. Will be handing them out to people as needed.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Genius!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Why is it that common sense, something that I still have after years of being surrounded by morons, has gone the way of the dinosaurs?! !
common sense? what the hell is that?

its sad that this right here is pretty much non existant, and frankly, is harder to find than a dick on justin beiber.

(and here come the overly offended people who love JB which would go to prove the exact point of this thread)

im tired of it all, and im saying how it is, and im with jonileth 110%

and to all those that look at me and give me weird looks just because im only 19, too young to know better, i give you the bird because this world is evolving into a really sad, deprived, bunch of softies that dont know how to take a hit from life.

as it was mentioned before by Silens, take the hit, then get on with your fucking day. thats all there is to it.

(really really hard not to swear as much as i would like to)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I say takes the safety signs off everything and let natural selection work it's magic. No more stupid people... no more high school , clicky morons. :) that form is excellant haha.
I agree. Watch the population drop like a 10x10 iron block through the stratosphere, too.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I sense much butt hurt in this thread... It pleases me to a great extent.
I agree. Seems ironic that that a thread about butthurt has an awful lot of butthurt aimed at people who are easily butthurt.

When that is said, I agree with the OP. I think it's mostly because people are generally a bunch of entitled assholes (myself included I must admit). Everyone thinks they have the right for this and that. People especially think they have the right not to be offended. Which they don't. No constitution or similar document in the world gives anyone that right. Why? Because most countries people have freedoms. And my right and freedom to express myself trumphs your imaginary right to not be offended anywhere, anytime.
It's like that old saying; If you don't like the smell, GTFO bitch!

·
The Curmudgeon
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
People seem to be confusing the intolerance of people with too many feelings easily trampled with being butthurt. I'm not in the least bit butthurt by people who are butthurt. I'm voicing my disdain for these 'people' and am actively seeking like minded people with a pair who share my disgust. It's like a club, we sit around, bitch about the world, and we all feel better about it in the morning. Don't like it, the door is on your right and is rigged to hit you in the ass when you leave.

You were warned.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts