Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well asking this for my traitor gaurd im using for apoc, i have them as very pale(bleached bone) now whats are good colors to create a very pale skin tone with that color?
Oh and did some work on my abbadon for his face so its not just one solid color and has some skin tones to it, for my first try i think i did really well ^_^ ill try to get pics of that up soon if the darn site will let me :worried:

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
for my kharn, i started with dwarf flesh as usual and then worked the highlights all the way up to a colour called vallejho pale flesh. alternatively, you could add some white to each level of paint, eg add it to the dwarf flesh, then elf flesh etc. and to get rid of chalkyness give the pale skin a very pale blue or purple ink wash. it also gives it a bit of an errieness.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok been trying to put pics up, can someone explain to me why the limits are so small or why i cant upload anything!?

·
Mohawk-Wearing Crazyman
564 Posts
I'll never really get over the fact that two of my old favorite GW colors were done away with: Pallid Flesh and Bilious Green.

I got so much use out of both of those colors.

Elf Flesh, while nice and light, looks way, way too healthy for some models, so I've tried mixing it with Bleached Bone before.

Mixed results, no pun intended.

·
Registered
905 Posts
i have a icy look on my sergeant as well, his skin is a a mix of thin 75:25 Space Wolves Grey and white mixed with a bleached bone and elf flesh mix, it took a while, but it worked out well. i add purple ink to some areas too, it does look good.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up doing rotting flesh with kommando khaki, odd pairing but looked alright

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrigtht heres the pics i hope

I must say the flash really highlights the flesh tones on him, doesnt stand out that much with normal light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts